Swatches of Tom Ford Nail Lacquer.

when i saw the violent blonde ad campaign, my first reaction was NOT "oh i should go try this new scent, how delightful"; rather, my reaction was "LOOK AT THAT NAIL POLISH! MUST FIND IT NEED IT WANT IT"

long story short, i have african violet (gorgeous), viper (gorgeous), carnal red (gorgeous)... i got bitter ***** for a friend, really just bc of the name since i wasn't too crazy about the color lol... but anyway i think the polishes wear extremelyyyy well. the colors are vivid. i like the formula... I'm contemplating the new collection... if anything ill get burnt topaz but nothing really stood out...

I am in awe of tf's packaging. I absolutely love it.

I don't know about the rest of europe but in the uk, you can pick these up at selfridges and harrods in store and online for £25.

hey,tzella! you story reminds me of a friend of mine. Hm. You should post mani pics with your TFs, I bet you have beautiful nails. :smile:

Is Viper the almost black, inky purple jelly? It's the one TF polish that's eating away my brain, why oh why didn't I get it in London. Eh. My consolation is that I'd wear it in the winter more, so it's ok if I wait to get it in the fall when I'm in nyc.

when i saw the violent blonde ad campaign, my first reaction was NOT "oh i should go try this new scent, how delightful"; rather, my reaction was "LOOK AT THAT NAIL POLISH! MUST FIND IT NEED IT WANT IT"

long story short, i have african violet (gorgeous), viper (gorgeous), carnal red (gorgeous)... i got bitter ***** for a friend, really just bc of the name since i wasn't too crazy about the color lol... but anyway i think the polishes wear extremelyyyy well. the colors are vivid. i like the formula... I'm contemplating the new collection... if anything ill get burnt topaz but nothing really stood out...

I am in awe of tf's packaging. I absolutely love it.

I don't know about the rest of europe but in the uk, you can pick these up at selfridges and harrods in store and online for £25.

I'll try to find them somewhere around here and if not, I'll get them online. I'll go look for swatches. Thanks!

I picked up Burnt Topaz from Selfridges a couple of weeks ago. I had a look at the new metallics and out of the four of them that one looked the nicest, the silverish one is too much like Quartz, the gold one wouldn't suit me, and the red even though really nice in the bottle actually looked a bit flat on the SA's nails. I could be persuaded to go back for the red though if I see better swatches of it...

I did a mani of BT and really liked it, I didn't post any pics because I had shrinkage for the first time due to Seche Vite (I got a sample size and used it for the first time) so didn't think it was good enough to post. I will the next time though. Personally I think it's a good summer colour, I can picture myself lounging by the pool in Capri with that on my nails and wearing a Missoni bikini!! Definitely 70s but I love that.

I think it will be a great pedi colour as well. And I found that it lasted REALLY well and I had no problems with the formula, I found you needed to apply it a bit thicker than normal but the finish was great with no streaks.

I picked up Burnt Topaz from Selfridges a couple of weeks ago. I had a look at the new metallics and out of the four of them that one looked the nicest, the silverish one is too much like Quartz, the gold one wouldn't suit me, and the red even though really nice in the bottle actually looked a bit flat on the SA's nails. I could be persuaded to go back for the red though if I see better swatches of it...

I did a mani of BT and really liked it, I didn't post any pics because I had shrinkage for the first time due to Seche Vite (I got a sample size and used it for the first time) so didn't think it was good enough to post. I will the next time though. Personally I think it's a good summer colour, I can picture myself lounging by the pool in Capri with that on my nails and wearing a Missoni bikini!! Definitely 70s but I love that.

I think it will be a great pedi colour as well. And I found that it lasted REALLY well and I had no problems with the formula, I found you needed to apply it a bit thicker than normal but the finish was great with no streaks.

I think Burnt Topaz is the prettiest of the new colors. Sabrina from The Look Book has some really good swatches of the new colors.

nevermind the polishes, I want the life you're describing! :P
_debi_ said:
Personally I think it's a good summer colour, I can picture myself lounging by the pool in Capri with that on my nails and wearing a Missoni bikini!! Definitely 70s but I love that.

I think it will be a great pedi colour as well. And I found that it lasted REALLY well and I had no problems with the formula,
yes I find it lasts very well too, my African Violet pedi is holding up exceptionally so far.

i also have Bordeuax Lust but haven't worn it yet. How close to it is Smoke Red? I don't remember, and the stock pictures make them look almost identical. I'm intersted in Naked too- is it sheer or opaque?
hotshot said:
I have been using TomFord nail polishes since they were launched...my favorites

are smoke red,bordeaux lust & naked... they wear exceptionally well

and are worth every penny, IMO

HA! yah i bet danae! viper is a dark inky purple jelly but i dont think it comes off almost black... tell me if u want me to send it to u. ps i tried to send u a picture of deborah lippmann sugar daddy (which is on my nails NOW) but i cant capture the colors on camera-- it basically looks like the ocean during a california sunset. no joke. anyway i'm sending it to u no question.

hey,tzella! you story reminds me of a friend of mine. Hm. You should post mani pics with your TFs, I bet you have beautiful nails. :smile:

Is Viper the almost black, inky purple jelly? It's the one TF polish that's eating away my brain, why oh why didn't I get it in London. Eh. My consolation is that I'd wear it in the winter more, so it's ok if I wait to get it in the fall when I'm in nyc.

burnt topaz :smile: BUT the three-dimensionality of the color doesn't really come out in the foot :/ there's a shimmer and general bad ***-ness that i failed to capture...

Attachments

• IMG00097-20120414-1357.jpg
    IMG00097-20120414-1357.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,856
Last edited: