Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians

i still think sandra won by default. anyone in her position would have won. JERRI probably would have won and she did even less than sandra!
I can't stand Sandra - she's such a nasty person. Arrogant, nasty and sneaky.

Jerri winning, without a good alliance, might have been nice. She was happy to be there, helped around camp, never complained and did her best in challenges.

I never liked Jerri until this season. It was funny when she said last night that she was cast as a villain but turned out to be a hero! Perhaps she's mellowed as she's aged!

I started using the multi-quote function then realized I was multi-quoting iluvmybags because I agree so much!

I'm glad that Survivor is Survivor and not American Idol or Dancing with the Stars or any of those shows where America gets a say. It's what makes Survivor different. You can't only play to get to the end; you have to play to win. Russell, after two times at this, doesn't understand that part, and because he doesn't understand it, should he ever be asked back a third time, he will make it to the end--yet again--and lose--yet again. People like Russell want to discount the social part of the game because they suck at diplomacy.

When you're playing this game and you have to vote people out, your hands will be dirty. That's a fact, especially come jury time. However, you have to vote them out and still want them to respect you enough to say, "OK, you got me, but I'll give you my vote." Sandra voted out Rupert, and as she did so, she said, "I know you'll still vote for me." And guess what? He did.

After all, this is a game with real people, not some video game with non-feeling players. If I were on a Survivor jury, and I had a choice between someone who voted me out (for whatever reason), but was still pretty decent to me, and another person who voted me out (for whatever reason), but was a rude, misogynistic ass to me, guess who would get my vote?

What so many people have said about Russell is that he takes it too far. You can play the game hard, balls-to-the-wall, I'm making it to Final Three by hook or by crook. That's fine. You just have to understand you can't alienate the people you ultimately want to have vote for you to win $1M (and the title of Sole Survivor...which is why I liked that Sandra was all, "Russell is desperate for that title, and he's not going to get it." Hahaha!).

Yes for the 100,000 prize, of which Russell is a 2 time winner. Russell would like America to have more voting authority too. I would only that it may not be a bad idea for them to vote at the end because the jury tends to be biased toward players.

oh yay!!! apparently i dont pay enough attention to realize there's an america's vote (every year?) lol
glad he got something for his game play. he makes good tv. you can't argue that!

Jerri winning, without a good alliance, might have been nice. She was happy to be there, helped around camp, never complained and did her best in challenges.

Jerri winning would have almost been worse than Russell winning. Parvati said Russell was her dog, Jerri was definitely Russell's dog. She was confused the entire time, not sure what to do and had to be told how to vote. She didn't really find a comfort zone until she was set with Russell & Parvati - they never worried about her since she did little independent thinking. I wonder how embarrassed she is to see the footage of Russell demanding her to vote Danielle out & at the council and later running to him to 1/2 apologize to him for not taking him on the reward challenge. You never saw her truly thinking & calculating how to stay in the game.

Survivor juries have voted for others they didn't like in the game, but who played the game well. All this talk about Russell, yet he didn't get one single vote should tell everyone that he did not deserve it. He did not play the game well.

oh yay!!! apparently i dont pay enough attention to realize there's an america's vote (every year?) lol
glad he got something for his game play. he makes good tv. you can't argue that!

The online voting is to appease those at home who feel the jury voted incorrectly. Rupert won one year also. But America should not get a vote on Survivor. Maybe if it were a show like big brother where you are in a house, with food & running water. But if I were isolated somewhere with no running water, little food, competing in challenges and relegated to a camp with no personal time/space with people I didn't choose and don't like, I definitely would NOT want anyone sitting in the comfort of their home viewing the edited version of Survivor making crazy decisions like they did voting for Russell online. For all they go thru on Survivor, it would be insulting to have America vote for the winner of Survivor.

i remember when rupert won, which was why i was curious about the fan favorite this time around. but i apparently totally spaced out that moment! even forgetting that russell won it last year.

and apparently rupert was second in line for fan favorite (or player of the season as they are now calling it). who in their right mind would vote for rupert as player of the season??

i remember when rupert won, which was why i was curious about the fan favorite this time around. but i apparently totally spaced out that moment! even forgetting that russell won it last year.

and apparently rupert was second in line for fan favorite (or player of the season as they are now calling it). who in their right mind would vote for rupert as player of the season??

Agree, maybe people are remembering him from seasons past, but Rupert was a little different this season. From what they showed, he wasn't aggressive enough in talking to the other heroes about JT & his "women's alliance" theory and, as he admitted at the final council, he should have spoken to Sandra more about the Villains alliance at the merge. He & Sandra were tight the first season she won. If they had spoken more, the game could have ended very differently.

i really liked rupert during his first all-star season but he totally turned me off this season. he didn't do anything. perhaps he can blame it on his broken toes but i dunno.... from what i gather he was never any help at challenges and just drove everyone nuts.

i'm curious as to why if everyone hated russell SO badly, why did they keep him around? sandra wanted to get rid of him ASAP and she tried so hard but failed miserably. or did people not hate him that badly until they got to the final jury?

in past seasons if someone hated so much by the tribe, they were booted off immediately.

i really liked rupert during his first all-star season but he totally turned me off this season. he didn't do anything. perhaps he can blame it on his broken toes but i dunno.... from what i gather he was never any help at challenges and just drove everyone nuts.

i'm curious as to why if everyone hated russell SO badly, why did they keep him around? sandra wanted to get rid of him ASAP and she tried so hard but failed miserably. or did people not hate him that badly until they got to the final jury?

in past seasons if someone hated so much by the tribe, they were booted off immediately.

I think part of it is that Russell was the new guy - the rest knew each other one way or another. Also, Parvati knew to keep him around for final council since he was betraying everyone and being a little bully. The heroes were so stuck on Parvati that they would not listen to Sandra who was willing to jump ship, but they were thick headed & listening to JT. (huh?)

I wonder if Parvati, Danielle & Jerri feel stupid watching the clip right after the merger when they are laughing WITH Russell about how silly the heroes are for thinking there was a women's alliance on the villains tribe. I was wondering if a light bulb was ever going to go off and those women + Sandra would make that alliance & vote him off. But that would not have been a good move for Parvati.

Jerri winning would have almost been worse than Russell winning. Parvati said Russell was her dog, Jerri was definitely Russell's dog. She was confused the entire time, not sure what to do and had to be told how to vote. She didn't really find a comfort zone until she was set with Russell & Parvati - they never worried about her since she did little independent thinking. I wonder how embarrassed she is to see the footage of Russell demanding her to vote Danielle out & at the council and later running to him to 1/2 apologize to him for not taking him on the reward challenge. You never saw her truly thinking & calculating how to stay in the game.
That's true - Jerri did seem confused. I still prefer someone like Jerri to win because she's great out there and she has abilities other than lying, being rude and throwing away the fish or burning someone's hat.

Also, if Jerri did win, the editors would find her a story line... something to show how she got to the end. I suspect she had a few interesting conversations that they didn't bother to show us because she wasn't the winner. We did see some good stuff in the secret scenes on the website. But she wasn't the winner, so they didn't give her the time during the CBS show.

That's true - Jerri did seem confused. I still prefer someone like Jerri to win because she's great out there and she has abilities other than lying, being rude and throwing away the fish or burning someone's hat.

Also, if Jerri did win, the editors would find her a story line... something to show how she got to the end. I suspect she had a few interesting conversations that they didn't bother to show us because she wasn't the winner. We did see some good stuff in the secret scenes on the website. But she wasn't the winner, so they didn't give her the time during the CBS show.

Good point! I like Jerri, but the editing did not help. It was hard to watch how Russell spoke to her, especially since I vaguely remember why she was put on the Villains side. That clever editing they do on Survivor is the big reason America having a vote/say in the final outcome is not good.

^ Yes - also the editing is reasonable for some player getting the Fan Favourite vote. Rupert got that cheque the first time because the editing made him seem like a wonderful guy when in reality, everyone on his tribe hated him because he was so annoying and so bossy.

I hated Jerri in her first season (and so did the rest of her tribe). They voted her off during the merge and kept the players like Elisabeth from the other tribe... her own tribe couldn't wait to get rid of her.

She came back for All Stars and was very mellow. She never complained, worked hard and was just happy to be there. (Except when they almost drowned because Rupert insisted on building their shelter under the sand- she was crying then.) If it were the old Jerri, she would have argued with Rupert that he was an idiot for building their shelter under the sand next to the water, but she wanted to be less argumentative. Then dumb Lex screwed her when he (Lex) decided to keep Amber from the other tribe, over her. That was really unfortunate.

Boy do I love this show... :biggrin: