Suggestions on the perfect slouchy leather hobo?

I was all set to recommend the YSL Roady until I saw your need for a zipper closure. Is that a deal breaker for you? The Roady is super soft, durable, nice-n-slouchy; has silver hardware; comes in many diff colors, including the ones you listed (and leather variations, altho I think the textured lamb is the softest/slouchiest); has no logos or name on the outside, costs <$1500 (in fact, there were several on BlueFly for around $1100 just last week!) - the only downfall is that it snaps closed.

Since the bag is deeper, however, I don't find this to be problematic. In fact, most of the time, I don't even snap it (if it had a zipper, I'd probably leave that undone as well - I rarely zip my bags closed)

What d'ya think?

Attachments

• 184.jpg
    184.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 192.jpg
    192.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 161
I was all set to recommend the YSL Roady until I saw your need for a zipper closure. Is that a deal breaker for you? The Roady is super soft, durable, nice-n-slouchy; has silver hardware; comes in many diff colors, including the ones you listed (and leather variations, altho I think the textured lamb is the softest/slouchiest); has no logos or name on the outside, costs <$1500 (in fact, there were several on BlueFly for around $1100 just last week!) - the only downfall is that it snaps closed.

Since the bag is deeper, however, I don't find this to be problematic. In fact, most of the time, I don't even snap it (if it had a zipper, I'd probably leave that undone as well - I rarely zip my bags closed)

What d'ya think?

i LOVE that bag!!! Unfortunately i am on a major ban :sad: But if i ever have money again... and room in my closet... thanks for showing it!

Did you find what you wanted? I am sort of on a big slouchy hobo quest too. I wonder about this Tylie Malibu thingie:
http://www.endless.com/dp/B002TG3U1...e=395021&linkCode=asn&creativeASIN=B002TG3U1E

I am intrigued by its extreme shapelessness. I wonder if it is practical...

I owned a nomad for a 24 hour period but returned it. i actually love how it looks on. But i decided trying to get in and out of it would drive me nuts. i wish it had a light interior. i do love this bag however. maybe someday i will revisit it! thanks :smile:

How about the Michael Kors Skorpios Pleated Hobo?
attachment.php

Attachments

• MKV0GM8_mn.jpg
    MKV0GM8_mn.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 339
Hi! IDK if this could be what you're looking for (it's from a post I had on a CK thread albeit w some tweaks)...but here goes!

I was just in Nordies paying a bill & was drawn in by the new purses (although we all know it doesn't take much to stop n look! Lol).....I scoped out the Oryany hobo I saw in the sept catalog. I fell in love w her!....She is $198 & came in several colors-I don't remember all of the Oryany assigned color names, but she came in several colors: there was burgundy, redwood (the color that was in the catalog), a dark/chocolate, a scarlet (a rich, warm red but not over the top), a very deep, dark turquoise/sea green color, black, and stone (a light grey/champagne-y color....which is the one I bought)....all hardware was gold.....also wanted to mention that she wears very close to the body and is very nice and soft! So so soft! Nordies is running their triple rewards points promo from Sept 22-26 (I think that's the end date) if you're a cardholder, so I'm picking mine up on the 22nd, & can't wait! :smile: Check her out online or IRL if you get a chance, & lemme know what ya think!

Also, wanted to mention that she has a zipper closure. She's really hobo-y. In my experience, I haven't had too much fun w hobos bc of the "pit" factor, but I'm hoping one of my purse organizers will help correct this problem. When I get her home & stuffed with all of my "junk", I'll let you know how her shape holds up.

Good luck, & let us know what you end up getting! :smile:

Go for a BV! I saw someone posted the Cervo, but there's also the Veneta which comes in multiple sizes. It does have a zippered closure and it such a comfortable and light weight bag to wear! Honestly, IMO it's the best Hobo out there!! Good Luck!

Go for a BV! I saw someone posted the Cervo, but there's also the Veneta which comes in multiple sizes. It does have a zippered closure and it such a comfortable and light weight bag to wear! Honestly, IMO it's the best Hobo out there!! Good Luck!

Here's a pic of the BV Veneta in the largest (maxi) size. They have it in a whole rainbow of colors. You can find a ton of pics over in the Bottega Veneta sub-forum.

attachment.php

my vote is for either of the BV's that doreenjoy recommended, not only do you get excellent quality, spa service if your bag needs any repairs and it's so light and slouchy and molds to your body.

How about Reed Krakoff's Laced Cadet Hobo? I saw this bag IRL yesterday and liked it a lot. The leather is super soft and it hangs beautifully with stuff inside (doesn't get weirdly misshapen like some hobos). It has a zip closure, gunmetal hardware and a messenger strap which is a nice touch. All in all a great bag and not too pricey at $990! Saks is carrying the line at select locations.

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/105435