Travel Suggestions for Columbus, OH

chambersb

Jan 14, 2014
Hello! I'm going to Columbus next month for work for a few days. I will be staying downtown. Of course I'm going to maximize my time and get some good shopping in.

Any suggestions on places to go?

I like just about everything as long as it's a bargain. I also like coffee!!!

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated :smile:

Thanks!

If you like coffee, you MUST go to Cafe Brioso. They roast their own beans and have amazing coffee and food. The Short North is a fun place to check out but I am not much of a bargain shopper so I would go to the nicer malls in the area like Easton or Polaris.

The TJ Maxx/Marshalls are having their yellow tag sale. There is a runway store in Upper Arlington, but it is a 25-ish minute car ride from downtown. The Nordstrom Rack in Easton is better than the one in Dublin, in my opinion. I was there Friday and there were YSL, Torys, Burberry etc in the shoe section (at least in the size 6 section). There's a pair of AGL flats in the 6 designer section on clearance for ~$86 if you are that size!!

For coffee, Mission on Price is nice. Eat lunch at Arepazo downtown! I love their carne asada!!

If you are just staying downtown/short north area, the shopping is kind of limited. There are small boutiques and such but it's not much of a bargain. You can also rent bikes/cars.

Hope you enjoy! Columbus has grown a lot, in my opinion, in these past couple of years.

If you're looking for shopping, there isn't a whole lot other than Easton or Polaris. There are a few cute shops down in the Short North. Short North is great for restaurants, as well as Grandview, both of which are fairly close to downtown.

I'm from Columbus, and I love the city, but the shopping there really isn't that great. Since we're home to companies like Abercrombie, Limited, Express, etc., you tend to see a lot of those stores everywhere. When I lived there, I hated showing up someplace and seeing a few other people wearing the same exact outfit, so I stopped shopping at the malls.

As far as coffee, I like Stauf's. They have one in Grandview and they might have one open in the North Market too. If you are there on the weekend and have a chance to check out the North Market, that can be fun. They have some pretty interesting stuff.

I was hoping to make it to the market but I'm only going to be there from a Sunday to Wednesday.

I hope to get there by 1 on Sunday, and I'll only have the rest of Sunday and for the rest of the stay it will be late afternoon to evenings to do anything.

I appreciate the suggestions. Since I don't have as much time as I'd like I think I have a few places to start. I wouldn't mind doing some historical tours but all the info I found online indicated nothing was available on the dates I would be there.

I was hoping to make it to the market but I'm only going to be there from a Sunday to Wednesday.

I hope to get there by 1 on Sunday, and I'll only have the rest of Sunday and for the rest of the stay it will be late afternoon to evenings to do anything.

I appreciate the suggestions. Since I don't have as much time as I'd like I think I have a few places to start. I wouldn't mind doing some historical tours but all the info I found online indicated nothing was available on the dates I would be there.
the north market is open every day.