Travel Suggestions for Columbus, OH

chambersb

Jan 14, 2014
Fayetteville, WV
Hello! I'm going to Columbus next month for work for a few days. I will be staying downtown. Of course I'm going to maximize my time and get some good shopping in.

Any suggestions on places to go?

I like just about everything as long as it's a bargain. I also like coffee!!!

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated :smile:

Thanks!

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
If you like coffee, you MUST go to Cafe Brioso. They roast their own beans and have amazing coffee and food. The Short North is a fun place to check out but I am not much of a bargain shopper so I would go to the nicer malls in the area like Easton or Polaris.

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Ohio
not that great shopping imo. there's 2 nordstrom racks though. none of the dept stores will really have sales right now. i can give you restaurant suggestions but none for coffee.

v24

May 29, 2014
The TJ Maxx/Marshalls are having their yellow tag sale. There is a runway store in Upper Arlington, but it is a 25-ish minute car ride from downtown. The Nordstrom Rack in Easton is better than the one in Dublin, in my opinion. I was there Friday and there were YSL, Torys, Burberry etc in the shoe section (at least in the size 6 section). There's a pair of AGL flats in the 6 designer section on clearance for ~$86 if you are that size!!

For coffee, Mission on Price is nice. Eat lunch at Arepazo downtown! I love their carne asada!!

If you are just staying downtown/short north area, the shopping is kind of limited. There are small boutiques and such but it's not much of a bargain. You can also rent bikes/cars.

Hope you enjoy! Columbus has grown a lot, in my opinion, in these past couple of years.

chambersb

Jan 14, 2014
Fayetteville, WV
Sounds good so far.

I've been to Easton before and liked it quite well. I'll be there the third week of September. Probably not the best time for clearance shopping.

Sep 17, 2009
If you're looking for shopping, there isn't a whole lot other than Easton or Polaris. There are a few cute shops down in the Short North. Short North is great for restaurants, as well as Grandview, both of which are fairly close to downtown.

I'm from Columbus, and I love the city, but the shopping there really isn't that great. Since we're home to companies like Abercrombie, Limited, Express, etc., you tend to see a lot of those stores everywhere. When I lived there, I hated showing up someplace and seeing a few other people wearing the same exact outfit, so I stopped shopping at the malls.

As far as coffee, I like Stauf's. They have one in Grandview and they might have one open in the North Market too. If you are there on the weekend and have a chance to check out the North Market, that can be fun. They have some pretty interesting stuff.

chambersb

Jan 14, 2014
Fayetteville, WV
I was hoping to make it to the market but I'm only going to be there from a Sunday to Wednesday.

I hope to get there by 1 on Sunday, and I'll only have the rest of Sunday and for the rest of the stay it will be late afternoon to evenings to do anything.

I appreciate the suggestions. Since I don't have as much time as I'd like I think I have a few places to start. I wouldn't mind doing some historical tours but all the info I found online indicated nothing was available on the dates I would be there.

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
Ohio
I was hoping to make it to the market but I'm only going to be there from a Sunday to Wednesday.

I hope to get there by 1 on Sunday, and I'll only have the rest of Sunday and for the rest of the stay it will be late afternoon to evenings to do anything.

I appreciate the suggestions. Since I don't have as much time as I'd like I think I have a few places to start. I wouldn't mind doing some historical tours but all the info I found online indicated nothing was available on the dates I would be there.
the north market is open every day.