Suggestions for a light feeling good coverage foundation for older woman

MROD

Sep 26, 2010
I will be 60 and have dry to normal skin. I have a lot of pink tones and I hate the feel of foundation but need coverage. I always feel like I want to wash my skin when I have it on. Please give me some suggestions and of course I want coverage but not heavy and cakey! Thanks

NARS Lifting & Firming. You might want to take a look at the more neutral shades, but it doesn't tend to run as warm as the Sheer Matte or Glow.
Chanel Lift Lumiere.
Makeup Forever F&B with the MUFEHD Elixir underneath. Gorgeous combo if you have drier/dehydrated/aging skin - the F&B also has buildable coverage (though it won't have as much coverage right off the bat as the Chanel or NARS.) And MUFE has a good line of both very pink and very yellow shades.

Have you tried any tinted moisturizers?

What about Clinique? I very much like their Supermoisture foundation. Although described as 'sheer' I found it a bit more than that. If it has to last all day, I lightly powder it, otherwise I just leave it. I find it looks nice and feels comfortable.

I use Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation. I had always thought long-wearing formulas would feel too cakey, but I was surprised to find this formula felt less noticeable on my skin than the more moist formulas. I have normal to dry skin, but DoubleWear provides enough moisture (over my regular moisturizer). It's the only foundation that I have used long-term for several years.

I'm 60, and probably the same shade as you (sounds close). I've been using Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm SPF45 - it's like a combination tinted moisturizer and sunscreen. It's a perfect color for me - I haven't used any of my "regular" foundations since I got this - and I bought a backup!

I got it from Sephora.