Suggestions for a light feeling good coverage foundation for older woman

MROD

Sep 26, 2010
I will be 60 and have dry to normal skin. I have a lot of pink tones and I hate the feel of foundation but need coverage. I always feel like I want to wash my skin when I have it on. Please give me some suggestions and of course I want coverage but not heavy and cakey! Thanks

Cait

only once you live
Dec 11, 2005
NARS Lifting & Firming. You might want to take a look at the more neutral shades, but it doesn't tend to run as warm as the Sheer Matte or Glow.
Chanel Lift Lumiere.
Makeup Forever F&B with the MUFEHD Elixir underneath. Gorgeous combo if you have drier/dehydrated/aging skin - the F&B also has buildable coverage (though it won't have as much coverage right off the bat as the Chanel or NARS.) And MUFE has a good line of both very pink and very yellow shades.

Have you tried any tinted moisturizers?

Cornflower Blue

O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
What about Clinique? I very much like their Supermoisture foundation. Although described as 'sheer' I found it a bit more than that. If it has to last all day, I lightly powder it, otherwise I just leave it. I find it looks nice and feels comfortable.

19flowers

O.G.
Apr 25, 2008
USA
Chanel's new foundation - Perfection Lumiere. Nice coverage with a light feel - not heavy. Good color range, too.

girlygirl3

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
NYC
I was pleasantly surprised with Burberry's foundation. Just don't use the luminizer with it - it may add a "glow" but it certainly adds weight

noon

*Sun in my eyes*
O.G.
Apr 1, 2007
by a sand castle
My mother has used Chanel Lift Lumiere for years and she is very picky about foundations and hates that makeup feel.

grace04

^Love My Brit^
O.G.
Jan 1, 2009
In the middle
I use Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation. I had always thought long-wearing formulas would feel too cakey, but I was surprised to find this formula felt less noticeable on my skin than the more moist formulas. I have normal to dry skin, but DoubleWear provides enough moisture (over my regular moisturizer). It's the only foundation that I have used long-term for several years.

bisbee

Best Bubbie
O.G.
Jul 12, 2006
Pikesville, Maryland
I'm 60, and probably the same shade as you (sounds close). I've been using Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm SPF45 - it's like a combination tinted moisturizer and sunscreen. It's a perfect color for me - I haven't used any of my "regular" foundations since I got this - and I bought a backup!

I got it from Sephora.