Suede in the summer?

bagnshoofetish said:
I live in southern california so as long as it's not raining I carry suede all the time. my only personal rule is no white bags at night.

Carrying suede in CA here is fine as long as you don't get your own sweat on it. :amuse: I carry them regardless of the seasons.

I have always been a suede only in fall/winter kinda girl, but was recently told by a boutique owner that that's crazy talk :smile: How do you guys feel- anyone say yes to suede in summer???
Also... is nubuck just a fancy work for suede- or really something different?

I have a partially sueded teal marc jacobs that I briefly considered taking out the other evening, but then changed my mind because of the season. It just screams NOT SPRING, NOT SUMMER to me....JMO

That's a good question. I was wondering the same thing. I plan on carrying my nubuck bag this summer because it is powder blue. Winter material. Spring color. lol I don't have many winter baby blue items in my wardrobe, so I will most likely carry it while wearing light colored blue jeans with brown sandals. Go for it!

I'm not very good with suede - it just gets a bit dirty for me...I probably wouldn't do it in the summer though, only because the texture doesn't seem so summery - it's kind of heavy...no matter what the color is....but it's totally a personal opinion.

Yeah, suede in the summer doesn't feel right.

I have a pair of brown suede pumps that I love, but I just can't bring myself to wear them in summertime.

On the other hand, I have a pair of nubuck espadrilles that I do wear, but I think that's because they're espadrilles and lighter in color.

Suede and nubuck aren't the same thing...suede comes from the flesh side of the hide, whereas nubuck is created from the grain side...they buff it up somehow to make it gorgeously soft and velvety. I have never fallen in love with a suede/nubuck bag (yet) but if I do I will carry it whenever I like! Summer seems like a good time - the weather is likely to be more suede-friendly!

Hey my fellow TPF'ers.

I have my eye on two really pretty bags. Both are totes in the EXACT same style. One is pink and the other is a tan or camel-like color....but they are suede.

Can a suede tote be in spring and summer without looking ridiculous?:shrugs:

Opinions, please!

I'm not a big suede person, but one of my coworkers carries a camel-colored Coach suede tote bag all the time and it doesn't stand out to me as being out of season.
I think in her case, it helps that the suede is mixed with some regular leather.

I think it would really depend on the bag's individual leather. Do you have a pic?