Suede in the summer?

That's a beautiful bag and very similar to a purple suede Coach bag that I got in an outlet store about three years ago and used every day (summer and winter) until it was completely trashed. Have fun with it!

So I've never really given this that much thought but I just got a deep purple suede crossbody bag. Can you wear suede in the summer? I've read some say don't wear suede shoes in the summer and some say it's fine but that doesn't apply to a bag. So what's your advice?

I have to say, I am the QUEEN of suede...I swear, if I ever stop buying suede boots and bags I will undoubtedly be single-handedly responsible for the collapse of the entire suede industry. Seriously, they send me Christmas cards every year! :P

And yet, I would never wear or carry suede in the Summer. It just seems heavy to me. JMO...anyone else?? :shrugs:

Yeah see that's where I'm tossed. I always thought of suede as a winter or fall thing too. But wouldn't it be nice if you could wear suede in the summer? Let's see if we can get more thoughts.

I used to think no suede in summer but i have a pink coach bag that's suede and it's a light summer pink color, so why not? I also have a purple suede coach bag that I somehow misplaced and haven't been able to find in the last six months, I had been saving it to wear in winter but darnit, I'm wearing it in summer cause I love it and want to use it.

Hmmm...you are a crafty one LulaMaeBarnes, bringing up the pink suede Coach bag! I too have a pink Coach bag with suede trim and it's definitely a summer bag (I will go to my grave believing that the seasons should be capitalized per my earlier post even though I know it's wrong!) :biggrin:

Buuut....I would never wear darker suede colors in the summer. :tdown:

Ahh the twist. Light colors in suede. Yeah I can see how you'd wear the pink Coach in summer LulaMaeBarnes.
Okay so lets narrow it down. Suede in the summer alright if it's light summery colors. Dark colors a nono. I think it also depends on the temperature.
I'm such a heavy fabric kind of gal...I hate the hot weather.
lovinalotofbags I love purple too.

I definitely would wear a suede bag in the summer. (No suede shoes- too hot). I would wear it in a light color, including grey. Granted, since I live in Chicago, it's not like I'd be taking my bag to the beach (ewww Lake Michigan beaches!)

I think you can do suede in the summer - but only if it's a lighter color. Dark brown, purple, burgandy, etc. scream fall/winter to me, but a pink or tan suede would work.

^^my thoughts exactly. i actually have a coach hobo from their s/s collection that is a very light powdery blue with white leather accents. obviously designed for warmer months. a deep purple i mite hesitate to use in f/w though.