Food Strange food combinations

I never thought of this as weird until I started telling people about it and found nobody else eats their oatmeal this way. I have to have peanut butter in my oatmeal. My brother thinks it's totally normal too since our mom used to make it that way. However, whenever I mention eating pb in my oatmeal to someone they think it is weird.

OMG!! That sounds soooo good!! I am going to try this!

sweet potato fries dipped in melted butter and brown sugar (they make me sick later if i eat too many b/c it's so rich, but it's soooo goooood.)

baked potatoes with cottage cheese and salsa

celery dipped in cottage cheese and salsa

cottage cheese, vinegar, and tomatoes on greens instead of creamy dressing (everyone thinks it's gross but it's my favorite salad ever)

tuna salad made with cottage cheese and mustard instead of mayo (cottage cheese is so versital)

cucumber water

crispy fries dipped in blue cheese and barbeque or honey mustard, ranch and 1000 island all mixed together.

peanut butter and bananas on toast

grilled cheese and ketchup

potato chips with malt vinegar and ketchup (apparently not strange in canada :smile:)

My best friend used to eat Special K flakes with lemon and Tabasco sauce. She was on a diet and wanted to feel like she was eating potato chips lol.

As for myself, nothing really weird I can think of.. I have a habit of sipping my soda while I still have food in my mouth and then chewing it all together. My ex used to find it disgusting :confused1: but I sure love it.

The japanese have the weirdest food combis! Do you know they actually have squid ice-cream?! And I've heard of chocolate chili ice-cream around here too (dunno where it originated from though, not japan). Never tried any of them. Never tried anything too exciting, but I love:

-chili + cheese
-green tea powder + yogurt
-chocolate + anything

Oh, I love mixing chili with mayo too

And I like mixing as diverse tastes as possible in my mouth at one time, like sweet with savoury with spicy... dunno, just makes me feel very satisfied :shame:

Once one of my coworkers asked me if I had ever had a pineapple sandwich. I was like, "Come again?" And he explained to me that it was just crushed pineapple between two slices of light bread. And I threw up a little in my mouth.

My BF eats rice with EVERYTHING. Even if we have pasta or potatoes he wants rice, but I think that's just cultural. I don't eat like that because I don't want the "diamabetes."

I don't really have any weird food quirks, other than my memories of when I was little and I used to dip my PBJ sandwiches into a glass of milk before eating (yuck). I don't know if any of you have ever heard of this (I think you gotta be from the south), but my mom told me that when she was a little girl they'd buy peanuts and pour them into a bottle of RC, and when the drink was done eat the peanuts. Oh, and they would also put fruit cocktail on toast and eat it.

WTF?

:throwup:

Garden tomato hulled and stuffed w/tuna salad (or cottage cheese).

mm's in my popcorn

ketchup on scrambled eggs

pickles on grilled cheese

potato chips inside ham or turkey sandwich

sliced cucumbers w/seasoning salt

I love smushing my cooked carrots on top of my potato (from the crock pot of a roast) and covering it all w/gravy. Oh...yum...