Strange experience at my Coach store today ++

i absolutely think you were right and i don't think it matters where you're ordering from. The coach name is the coach name and they all get their paychecks from the same corporation. Making you wait while she helped 3 other people is inexcusable. Even if they "shouldn't" be doing for the outlet you are still a paying coach customer and should be treated with respect at any and every coach store. I don't understand why anyone would be "livid". Isn't life too short to become livid over something like this? As for the sa? If she doesn't want her job because she can't do it kindly or respectfully there are plenty of people in this economy who'd be lining up for the chance to have a job.

+2

First, there is no reason for the way you were treated. Being rude to you and pushing you off to help two other customers is inexcusable. Second, if this is something your SA has done for you before, it is not unreasonable for you to assume you could have it done this time. If the SA was unsure, she should have reached out to her manager and went from there. While there are customers that you just cannot help and sometimes need to be firm with, I do not feel you fell into that category. I've managed employees in a retail environment before and would never have tolerated that behavior from them. Definitely contact your SA and let her know what happened so that the other SA's behavior can be addressed.

My favorite SA at FP tried to do a charge send for me and it turned into a nightmare. Charge sends all depend on the district managers, the stars being aligned, etc. You are very lucky to have gotten so many charge sends done through your fp store. If you live near an outlet that does them, I would just go there.

I absolutely think you were right and I don't think it matters where you're ordering from. The coach name is the coach name and they all get their paychecks from the same corporation. Making you wait while she helped 3 other people is inexcusable. EVEN if they "shouldn't" be doing for the outlet you are still a paying coach customer and should be treated with respect at ANY and EVERY coach store. I don't understand why anyone would be "livid". Isn't life too short to become livid over something like this? As for the SA? If she doesn't want her job because she can't do it kindly or respectfully there are PLENTY of people in this economy who'd be lining up for the chance to have a job.
+3!!! Full price or outlet a customer is a customer and rudeness is unacceptable and the comment about the full price customers having to wait I would say tough s*** to that comment, no ones money or time is better than anyone else's, maybe there should be mor SA's working to assist them.

It sounds like Sara has been doing you some great favors and is probably a great SA. The other SA...not so much and like others have said, there's no excuse for rude. But maybe next time, make sure Sara is there to help you. Me personally, I *wouldn't* complain to the store at all about the rudeness or else Sara might be the one getting the talk from the manager and told to stop doing the extra favors and then you won't have that option at all. HTH

It sounds like Sara has been doing you some great favors and is probably a great SA. The other SA...not so much and like others have said, there's no excuse for rude. But maybe next time, make sure Sara is there to help you. Me personally, I *wouldn't* complain to the store at all about the rudeness or else Sara might be the one getting the talk from the manager and told to stop doing the extra favors and then you won't have that option at all. HTH

I think Sara is the store manager, at least her card says manger, but I see what you're saying......Idk, I might just mention what has happened to HER, but not to anyone above her

She probably is not familiar with the process like the regular SA and if she is spending significant time to do your transaction she probably wanted the credit !

She shouldn't be rude though ! I always think if you are a rude person don't be in customer service !!

I am lucky that my outlet isn't very far from me but they will not even do charge sends at the outlet so you are fortunate to have been getting them through the boutique. When you receive the bag you should take it back to the outlet and ask for a price adjustment.

It is annoying to be treated rudely but I would let it go since Sara has clearly been doing a special favor for you. If you complain you might back her into a wall and make her acknowledge and conform to store policies in the future.

Once or twice I have returned outlet purchases at the boutique for a merchandise credit or toward another purchase, but generally the boutique and the outlet are 2 completely different and separate entities. I don't know if that is the way it should be - but that's just the way it is! :shrugs:

i am lucky that my outlet isn't very far from me but they will not even do charge sends at the outlet so you are fortunate to have been getting them through the boutique. When you receive the bag you should take it back to the outlet and ask for a price adjustment.

It is annoying to be treated rudely but i would let it go since sara has clearly been doing a special favor for you. If you complain you might back her into a wall and make her acknowledge and conform to store policies in the future.

Once or twice i have returned outlet purchases at the boutique for a merchandise credit or toward another purchase, but generally the boutique and the outlet are 2 completely different and separate entities. I don't know if that is the way it should be - but that's just the way it is! :shrugs:

+1!

I am lucky that my outlet isn't very far from me but they will not even do charge sends at the outlet so you are fortunate to have been getting them through the boutique. When you receive the bag you should take it back to the outlet and ask for a price adjustment.

It is annoying to be treated rudely but I would let it go since Sara has clearly been doing a special favor for you. If you complain you might back her into a wall and make her acknowledge and conform to store policies in the future.

Once or twice I have returned outlet purchases at the boutique for a merchandise credit or toward another purchase, but generally the boutique and the outlet are 2 completely different and separate entities. I don't know if that is the way it should be - but that's just the way it is! :shrugs:

Thats a great idea, I think I will just do that- take it the outlet for a price adjustment! :smile:

Thats a great idea, I think I will just do that- take it the outlet for a price adjustment! :smile:

Good! And I suggest that when you ask for the PA at the outlet don't go into the whole long story. Just say that there must have been some confusion, probably because the boutique store processed the paperwork for the charge send, and your credit card was charged full-price even though it is an outlet bag - so you need a price adjustment.

The inconsistencies in Coach's pricing and policies can drive me crazy but sometimes it works to my advantage, so I usually just deal with it!

Good luck, let us know how it works out!

Last edited:
I've been in the hospitality/service industry for 22+ years, and there's nothing more awkward than being bullied into doing something you know you're not supposed to do by a customer just because "so and so did it for me last time". There's no excuse for rudeness - ever - but saying no isn't necessarily being rude...it might be that person just trying to keep their job and being unwilling to break policy just because a co-worker has in the past.

The amount of money you've spent in a store should have ZERO effect on the general level of service provided to you or any of the other customers in the store at the same time as you, and frankly, walking into a store, any store, thinking that you've spent so much you should get special treatment is distasteful to me, at best.

I'm afraid that you've already given enough name and location info that your dear Manager Sara could be in danger of losing her job, if she has indeed been doing favors for you that she shouldn't be doing. We know reps from the brands read these forums, and we have a number of Coach employees here as members as well, probably many who read and don't post.

I think the bottom line for me is, if you want outlet pricing, go to an outlet. If you want to pay FP, go to a boutique. The two shouldn't be mixed and to think that the business model or management of the two types of stores is the same just because they all have the same brand name on their paychecks is naive. Do you think you should get the same level of service at a Fairfield Inn and at a JW Marriott Resort simply because all the employees receive their paychecks from Marriott? I think not.

I've been in the hospitality/service industry for 22+ years, and there's nothing more awkward than being bullied into doing something you know you're not supposed to do by a customer just because "so and so did it for me last time". There's no excuse for rudeness - ever - but saying no isn't necessarily being rude...it might be that person just trying to keep their job and being unwilling to break policy just because a co-worker has in the past.

The amount of money you've spent in a store should have ZERO effect on the general level of service provided to you or any of the other customers in the store at the same time as you, and frankly, walking into a store, any store, thinking that you've spent so much you should get special treatment is distasteful to me, at best.

I'm afraid that you've already given enough name and location info that your dear Manager Sara could be in danger of losing her job, if she has indeed been doing favors for you that she shouldn't be doing. We know reps from the brands read these forums, and we have a number of Coach employees here as members as well, probably many who read and don't post.

I think the bottom line for me is, if you want outlet pricing, go to an outlet. If you want to pay FP, go to a boutique. The two shouldn't be mixed and to think that the business model or management of the two types of stores is the same just because they all have the same brand name on their paychecks is naive. Do you think you should get the same level of service at a Fairfield Inn and at a JW Marriott Resort simply because all the employees receive their paychecks from Marriott? I think not.

Absolutely!