Store Manager claims TPF has alot of "wrong information"........

I find that we often have more information than the SAs have. I myself have gone in to ask about a certain bag and have been given wrong information. I think they ought to know their product better.

This another reason why sick of Coach, the SA's are snots and act so fake! They aren't much help anymore that I tend to find, they push stuff on you that you don't want and won't help you in finding what you need.

She should have walked her ass back to the back and brought out what you wanted to see! Shame on Coach and I don't blame the SA's I blame Coach because they hire these people!!

Carrie

I guess I was a lot put off by this. What gets me steamed is that there were a few legacy wristlets on display already, the purse perfume spray was out, the legacy perfume was out, the other orange and purple patchwork looking item was out. I understand some stores don't get this and that but after hearing the SA tell another customer that all the legacy stuff that was shown online(forgot to add that in my original post) would be in the store on Friday(and I was there Thursday NIGHT so it was prob. out back :rolleyes: just annoyed me) I was ten feet away I mean if the SA just remembered then the least they could do was come over to me and say something like oh that mini you asked about will be in store on Friday would suffice.
I also felt like the SA brushed me off after I asked the question. I also want to add that there were prob 4 other people in the store and not one SA greeted me(this is the first time this has happened and they all weren't busy) It was like pulling teeth to ask a question and I was being really patient and kind. I also thought one of the SA was kind of rude to me for no reason.
I was annoyed but didn't outwardly show it because it's not a SA fault about not knowing about every little item etc. etc. All I wanted was someone to find me an answer. I'm always really nice when I go in there and it's a shame that my regular SA wasn't there because shes great.

But overhearing the same SA answer the other customers question REALLY annoyed me because there's no need. I wasn't asking to purchase it and I made it clear that I just wanted to see the color IRL and would purchase it when it was available. The first SA was honest and told me she had no clue but would get someone who could answer my question. So much for that. I really don't understand what the heck happened LOL. Not sure why they wouldn't just give me the same answer.

Coach should thank tPF, since it has enabled alot of us to create a demand for products even before they are out for wide release. Also with helping new Coachies that have alot of questions they are afraid to ask stupid SA's with attitudes.

I totally agree because TPF created a lot of my wants and also broke the ban I was on(re banning until the next floorset LOL)

At this point I'm pretty much 100% sure that the questions I had about items would not have been as accurately answered by a SA vs. members of TPF.

It's like the time I had the platinum wristlet and noticed it was flaking when it arrived brand new never used from coach and I returned it ASAP. When I returned it and commented to the SA that I couldn't believe it arrived peeling and flaking she said "oh, never really heard of that happening" Yet there are tons of threads on here about metallics and how they flake etc.
No offense to SA's but I trust actual users of the products vs. someone at a store who works for the company. I mean if I put myself in their shoes I wouldn't be like "oh you don't want that it flakes, because it's bad for sales.

TPF has informed and educated me on coach products. If some SA don't even know about items how am I supposed to learn about them. No offense to SA but that's just the way it is. Maybe SA dislike TPF because we learn about the flaking/rubbing off of metallic items LOL:roflmfao:

I'm going to agree on that some SAs are less than knowledgeable [of their products] than others, they should know what the haps is, but I make it my mission whenever I can to educate whomever wants to know.

I will also agree that some SAs act "fake," but I think that is because they are trying to befriend the customer in order to make the sale, forced effort that results in us [customers] feel annoyed and pressured. I know I have.

I will strongly agree on that some SAs are rude. Heck, I had an SA come in here, disclose my actual name [which I found to be very rude, mind you :rolleyes:] and accused me of making assumptions on a situation in which I felt pressured to purchase an item... Not very professional imo :nogood: Cannot imagine how her attitude would have been had I dealt with her in person...

Inappropriate conduct [in and out of the workplace], discrimination and lack of knowledge of their products are only a few factors that make us [customers] turn around and look elsewhere for our Coach necessities... or even dare us branch out! :wtf:

I don't know about Canada, but I saw the Carly with nickel h/w on display at my boutique today. I came very close to buying it, but think I will get the black sig Zoe with nickel h/w instead.

As far as questions I had about the Zoes, I knew more than the SA, as I learned it on TPF and by studying the Coach website. She didn't even know the names of the styles, and she's not a new SA.

I totally agree with you.....just as there are bad and good apples as SAs or managers same goes for customers....

If I was in anyway rude to this manager I would have understood her "ground" on repeatedly stating that she didnt really understand what I want...(it was pretty clear)

However, I was calm, collected and actually pretty nice considering some of the things she did say to me

1) I was asking about a carly....she keeps saying zoe....lack of listening to the issue on hand fully

2) I repeatedly said I would have liked to know that it would be out before the end of the PCE as I would not have used it.....again she responded with she did not know exactly what I would like here......again lack of listening to the issue

3) When I mentioned I had learnt from a friend that the carly would be available, she went on to *assume* my friend was "TPF" and I felt kind of lecture me on how tpf has bogus infor ( I corrected her twice that TPF was not my source and that it was an actual person)

4)She then mentioned how she came on TPF and noticed a thread where it sounded like anyone can pretty much walk into the store, complain a little and the manager would mould to their request......I was extremely offended here b/c I felt she was implying this is what I was doing and I explained, listen I am not trying to see how much I can ***** and complain to get a deal....I merely feel mislead on your SA's part and would like to rectify this situation

5) she then mentioned that as she could not make the decision, she would be talking to the DM and I could talk to them as well to find a solution.....she proceeds to ask if this works for me.......I say fine......she then proceeds to break tat answer down and that I do not sound happy about this......I explain that if this is the only option ...what did she expect....for me to throw a tantrum on the phone?.......Im fine with this option and we can see what happens......

6) she goes on to say she can not be expected to lift restrictions just for one person.......again....she obviously didnt listen to the issue b/c the reason for this issue is not on me

7) somewhere in the conversation, she reads out the back of the PCE card to me and emphasizes "One time use".......I responde.....it would have been one time had your staff informed me properly of what I asked BEFORE i used it

8) I explain since I asked multiple times about the carly and was getting the same answer (no one knew)....I went ahead and used it and had I knewn it was coming I would have waited....she says she doesnt answer......how hard is this to comprehend??

I think that about covers this ridiculous conversation.....I dont even think I want to talk to her again on sat.....I think I just gave up......I shouldnt have to go through this much of a headache for something I feel was not my mistake

You should put this into a letter adding in the names of the people involved, store name, dates and times and send this to corporate if they don't resolve it at the district level. This is simply not acceptable at all! While I agree that retail is hard (I did that for a friend part time at a high end women's clothing store and I agree some of those women were rude and very patronizing), but this sort of treatment is unacceptable and this manager is way out of line.

priceless! :wtf:

The other day I walked in to look at a patent Bleeker flap and found it was too small for me. I asked to see something larger in a Bleeker and the SA leads me to an Ergo. I was like, 'That's nice, but I asked for something in a Bleeker style, not an Ergo.' He shoved me in front of the look book and retreated to the back. Nice. :rolleyes: Maybe he was new? But nonetheless, didn't know what he was talking about. So I can only imagine how SAs with more of a clue probably hate tPF, because it makes them feel even more clueless!

I find it ironic coach employees say things on TPF are inaccurate when most of what we know is pooled information from snippets of conversation with the SAs themselves. How many threads begin with “guess what I just found out from my SA…..”

If the SAs share little peices of information with each of us, together we have a pretty complete picture.

Last edited:
I'm going to agree on that some SAs are less than knowledgeable [of their products] than others, they should know what the haps is, but I make it my mission whenever I can to educate whomever wants to know.

I will also agree that some SAs act "fake," but I think that is because they are trying to befriend the customer in order to make the sale, forced effort that results in us [customers] feel annoyed and pressured. I know I have.

I will strongly agree on that some SAs are rude. Heck, I had an SA com in here, disclose my actual name [which I found to be very rude, mind you :rolleyes:] and accused me of making assumptions on a situation in which I felt pressured to purchase an item... Not very professional imo :nogood: Cannot imagine how her attitude would have been had I dealt with her in person...

Inappropriate conduct [in and out of the workplace], discrimination and lack of knowledge of their products are only a few factors that make us [customers] turn around and look elsewhere for our Coach necessities... or even dare us branch out! :wtf:
:tup: good for you

this is a public forum and as unfortunate as it may be (as well as frustrating) that the SAs don't know everything I think it's all about attitude..as well as a proper education/passion for the product.

as for your side comment I was curious as why you felt pressured and annoyed about the last bag not being able to place on hold rule and I stated that maybe different SAs were helping you (and also maybe one being processed in between the time you called the night before and the next morning)

you stated it was the same SA but having worked there I knew the SA you spoke with had the day off (Sunday) and I believe it was monday morning when you called and encountered this "pushy sa"

so maybe the information you are feeding is incorrect or, you could have simply misunderstood?

Last edited:
I find it ironic coach employees say things on TPF are inaccurate when most of what we know is pooled information from snippets of conversation with the SAs themselves. How many threads begin with “guess what I just found out from my SA…..”

If the SAs share little peices of information with each of us, together we have a pretty complete picture.

that's exactly what I'm thinking! truth be told when they had the thread stating that the charm was a solid perfume (also heard it was a part of the bag..a guess from a tpf & as since there was no sku) I wanted to tell no, my manager saw it at the conference and it's a
lip gloss..

If it weren't for all of the helpful and accurate info on this site, I would not have known about the red patent Peyton. I loved the crimson red Zoe, but the sizes and style didn't work for me. Wanting a red patent handbag after seeing the Zoe, I would have likely branched out to other designers if I hadn't learned of the Peyton on this website. As an added bonus, the information about the PCE having been used on it saved me major $$$ on it. The manager and SA at the Coach I normally use were at first neither familiar with the bag nor did they think I could use the PCE on it. To their credit, however, they have generally been very knowledgeable and helpful and offered to look into using the PCE on it (I think the extensive exclusions on this PCE threw them off). They phoned me back within a couple of hours to let me know I could do the purchase over the phone and use the PCE. I had purchased the Bleeker Leather Pocket Woven Hobo the day before with my PCE, but would have also purchased the red patent Peyton had I known about it at that time (they knew I really wanted a red patent Coach bag). Given they know that would have been the case, they agreed to apply the discount. (You know your in trouble with your addiction when any of the sales associates welcome you by name at your local Coach store!)