Stay out of my bags!!!

No one goes in my purse. I don't know why this is, because I am not particularly bothered by it. But dh will hand me my purse if he wants me to get something from it, and the kids never touch it. Maybe because it is the way I was raised - no one touched my mom's purse, ever. Maybe my family gets that vibe even though I don't really mind!

I hear ya! Right after I got my small LV Multicolore, my son went to pick it up to move it and I noticed he had dirty hands. I freaked out! He then went on to say that I love my bags more than I love him, LOL. He is 13 and was just giving me a hard time but it was kind of a wakeup call that I need to relax alittle and not treat my bags like a Faberge Egg :smile:

If my husband needs the keys or I have his card or something he'll go in my bag, generally the kids don't but I have asked them to get a pacifier or keys out.

I don't have kids or a SO, but RANDOM people think they have access to my bags... friends I'm not close to, etc. I think its beyond rude... but since everyone is so nice in Oklahoma, they dont think anything of it. They're just admiring a nice bag!

I have to admit, I do not really want anyone in my bag(other than maybe my best friend, that would be ok, I think, because she would not mess it up or be judgemental about anything she found in it...not that there is really anything to find, but if BF looked in my wallet he might want to borrow some cash.LOL)

My husband and 4 year old son go in to get something specific that they want. And I don't mind. But, my 18 month old daughter REALLY loves my bags, especially the LV's.... at least she has good taste!

When I first picked up my Saleya - I wouldn't let the kids touch it. Now they practically play football with it!!

But DH will not go into my purse. Even if he's looking for something and I tell him to go into my purse to get it - he makes me drop whatever I'm doing to retrieve it. I don't understand why - I always tell him he's not going to find anything incriminating in there!! He's just uber-respectful of my space, I guess? It's annoying! Just open the damn bag!

^^ I'm not, but my So is. If I ask him to hand me something from my bag, he always hands me the bag & wll NOT reach in to get something.

Mine would do the same. Actually most of the people I know would do the same thing. Luckily most of the people I know understand that a woman's handbag is personal and scared territory. I've never had anyone go in there without me telling them to. I don't care if someone goes in there, as long as they get my permission before doing it. But if I saw someone in there without my permission... well let's just say they'll regret it. :devil:

If my DH needs something in my bag, he will hand me the bag so I can get it myself. The only time he looks in my bag is if I am unable to get at it. My sons leave my bag alone as well ... but my 2 year daughter loves to take everything out of my bag, she especially loves taking all my lipsticks out! That's just a disaster waiting to happen!:sweatdrop:

But DH will not go into my purse. Even if he's looking for something and I tell him to go into my purse to get it - he makes me drop whatever I'm doing to retrieve it. I don't understand why - I always tell him he's not going to find anything incriminating in there!! He's just uber-respectful of my space, I guess? It's annoying! Just open the damn bag!

Oddly enough, my wife is the same way. (Now ain't that something?) Will not go inside/ramble through or even open to get something that she needs and will make me come from wherever I am to get it for her.

Just strange....

I'm okay if my SO wants something specific and my hands are messy (cooking or something) and I tell him exactly where the specific thing he wants is, so he's not really fossicking through it, so much as going to a particular location.

I'd be really upset if he just rifled through it. It'd be an invasion of my privacy!

My DH never really goes into my bag unless we're out and I have some diapers in there for the kids or something. He and I never carry cash (ATM all the way) so it's not like he needs money or something. I always get stuff out of my mom's bag and all but my dad never goes through my bag because he gets impatient and can never seem to find what he wants. Oh well. :smile: