Stam Hobo Mouse Leather question

Well, I never saw the bag in person before buying it, so I honestly can't say it's fake. However, it was definitely returned by someone else. Also, I had purchased the MJ Sporty Tote, which was definitely brand new. It had a very distinct smell to it from the Stam Hobo. That's why I'm wondering...

Bloomie's did apologize and are sending me a new one (and picking up the old one). My gut feeling about the bag is that something isn't quite right...

I should just give up on the sale and get a Chanel shopper.

yup, mine definitely is from someone's return too....
Also, there should be 2 tags on the bag, a long one shows the price and the square tag shows the calf leather hobo, but mine only comes with the long tag.....
that's why make me wonders....

Well, I never saw the bag in person before buying it, so I honestly can't say it's fake. However, it was definitely returned by someone else. Also, I had purchased the MJ Sporty Tote, which was definitely brand new. It had a very distinct smell to it from the Stam Hobo. That's why I'm wondering...

Bloomie's did apologize and are sending me a new one (and picking up the old one). My gut feeling about the bag is that something isn't quite right...

I should just give up on the sale and get a Chanel shopper.

Bonnie - Mine seems to be in order. I went back and checked mine over since everyone is having problems. I got mine at NM and it was well packed for me and it had a nice new leather smell to it.

I guess we all have to really watch what we get online because it could be someone else's return and I'm sure there are people that are returning fakes. It really never occurred to me until I joined this forum. I'll be very careful in the future.

I hope your returns go well and you get a great bag.

The bags I've ordered on Elux are authentic and come in great shape.

The Bloomie's saga just doesn't seem to end... we'll see how the "replacement" Stam Hobo looks like. This is all getting very annoying. The headache has not been worth the 40% off at this point.

I'm really debating whether to keep my MJ Ursula Small Bowler+ Stam Hobo or to return those both and get the Chanel shopper... I just want a nice bag!!!!:wtf:

Debbie, does your comes with 2 tags or 1 tag, thanks!

I'll check out the tags and let you know tomorrow. My husband is in bed (has to get up at 2 am) and I don't want to rummage in my closet right now.

I want to say that there was the care card and the long tag. I don't know if there was another tag but if there was, I'll have it. I keep all of that stuff. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Debbie :smile:

Bonnie, really hope your replacement works out, I like the shape of the hobo and it stands out when carry. But Chanel sounds good too, I don't have any Chanel bags....

Thanks Debbie :smile:

Bonnie, really hope your replacement works out, I like the shape of the hobo and it stands out when carry. But Chanel sounds good too, I don't have any Chanel bags....

I just looked at my tags again.

I have the long tag (price tag) that says Marc Jacobs Mouse Hobo Stam $1200.00. This tag was attached to my bag with a black cord/string and a white little thingy that has Marc Jacobs printed in Black. All of the ones in the store had this. I remember it when I was looking.

I received a tri-fold card about Marc Jacobs in several different languages. I received a single card that told about the care of the leather and describes how the bag should be stored, etc.

I didn't see anything that said calf leather.