Stacking Love bracelet get more damage?

May 12, 2008
I used to wear a bunch of bracelets at a time, but since i got the love bracelet i am worried that my over metal bracelets will scratch it. Anyone have any insight? Does the love bracelet hold up well against other bracelets/watch?

This question has been asked and discussed quite often. In my own opinion, the Cartier Love will 100% get very scratched regardless of whether it is worn with other bracelets or not. And you won't know if scratches came from other jewelry or just getting knocked into something. I feel it is best to wear with soft cord bracelets or something like that. I wear mine with the charity bracelet but there are many other cord bracelets out there. Good luck and enjoy!

I've seen a lot of ladies stack, either other jewellery pieces, or more love bangles. My old coworker wore THREE love bangles at the same time, and he just got a fourth one !

The gold will always build up a patina so just wear them however you like and enjoy !

i think it's just personal preference in terms of how tolerant each individual is about the scratches that may develop from stacking it with other bracelets. i do not like seeing my love bracelet get scratched up so i wear it solo. i am fine with that.

i would like to know if anyone wears their love bangle with other bracelets. i would like to buy one oneday but am worried as i wear a few bracelets at one time that it would get ruined quickly. how does it look with scratches?

^^I wear my LOVE bracelet daily next to my watch. Does it scratched more/additional wear n' tear, perhaps but not noticeable enough to me to switch it around. I have also stacked the Love bangle next to cord bracelets and other metal style bracelets and do not see significant wear from those other bracelets. I agree with the above posters, it really is a matter of personal preference and how you want to wear the Love bangle.

I too have recently purchased a yg love bangle & I have been wearing it with silver bracelets but I am worried it will get scratched, so I'm thinking of wearing it on it's own until it gets scratched a bit more as I'm sure it will when your wearing it 24/7.

i'm sorry- what is patina?

patina is the natural oxidation with metals over a period of time. basically you can't keep it looking bright and shiny and scratch free, so over time, just the natural scratches, 'dullness' of the bracelet gives it a natural patina.

to answer OP's original question. i used to wear my bangle by itself ever since i got it (2008). but for our anniversary a few weeks ago, my husband bought me a starter pandora bracelet (the leather strap) to start so my daughter can also create her own 'LOVE' bracelet—she can start picking out the charms whenever my husband buys them for me.

but i admit, since it's the leather strap, i take it off everyday before bed. i also think that once i have more charms on it, it could be an issue. i don't know yet since right now, there are only two.

Does anyone layer / stack their cartier LOVE bangle with other bracelets or a watch?
I'm curious whether it causes much damage to the bangle?
Also would love to see photos of your stacked/ layered Cartier Love bangle or cuff
As this is what I'm thinking of doing when I get mine :biggrin:

Yes definitely because you have a wider area of gold that can bang on things. As long as they are the same size, they are not really damaging each other except for edge wear. But I find when wearing large stacks that I tend to bang my bracelets on tables, counters, etc. more than when I’m wearing one or two at a time. Maybe that’s just me though. Hope this helps!

Thank for your info, Violet. I couldn’t resist and stacked 2 of mine. A brand new yellow gold & older pg. Together they looked so gorgeous. But after a few minutes walking around I regognize some slight nicks at the edge of the new bracelet. So, I took the yellow out because it hurts my soul to see the first scratches. :blush: I see here lots of people stacking their bracelets. It looks so amazing but i'm really wondering how you all deal with the dents?

——Oh here are photos of them stacked6CD76144-4996-42DF-AE72-8505B7461042.jpegFE02951D-70DF-463F-BB34-EA10160A5A24.jpeg

Last edited:
I wear a classic and a thin. I take the thin off when I do anything extreme but keep the classic on at all times. Classic is very dinged up but the thin is in much better condition.

Reactions: my_my969
Thank for your info, Violet. I couldn’t resist and stacked 2 of mine. A brand new yellow gold & older pg. Together they looked so gorgeous. But after a few minutes walking around I regognize some slight nicks at the edge of the new bracelet. So, I took the yellow out because it hurts my soul to see the first scratches. :blush: I see here lots of people stacking their bracelets. It looks so amazing but i'm really wondering how you all deal with the dents?

——Oh here are photos of them stackedView attachment 4758686View attachment 4758687

Perhaps switch the two with the newer one near your elbow. I think the one near the wrist may take more damage due to the impact of the other sliding onto it and with gravity. Grant it - it took awhile, but I have gotten over the damage on my older one (near my wrist) and am more concerned with my newer one. Also, if I'm doing anything too crazy (like house cleaning or dishes), I'll put the wristband on to protect it and hold off on any serious damage! LOL

Over time, I think you get more and more used to the little imperfections, and that's a great place to be in. I think it's better to just enjoy wearing them and gradually get used to the imperfections that happen along the way & get your money's worth rather than have one put away in a dark closet or safe! It gets easier with time!

Last edited: