Stacking Love bracelet get more damage?

my_my969

Sep 21, 2014
How are your experience with stacking 2 or more Love bracelets. Do they get more dings, nicks, scratches ...?

Reactions: hhw

Violet Bleu

Space Cadet
Apr 16, 2015
The cosmos
Yes definitely because you have a wider area of gold that can bang on things. As long as they are the same size, they are not really damaging each other except for edge wear. But I find when wearing large stacks that I tend to bang my bracelets on tables, counters, etc. more than when I’m wearing one or two at a time. Maybe that’s just me though. Hope this helps!

my_my969

Sep 21, 2014
Thank for your info, Violet. I couldn’t resist and stacked 2 of mine. A brand new yellow gold & older pg. Together they looked so gorgeous. But after a few minutes walking around I regognize some slight nicks at the edge of the new bracelet. So, I took the yellow out because it hurts my soul to see the first scratches. :blush: I see here lots of people stacking their bracelets. It looks so amazing but i'm really wondering how you all deal with the dents?

——Oh here are photos of them stacked 6CD76144-4996-42DF-AE72-8505B7461042.jpeg FE02951D-70DF-463F-BB34-EA10160A5A24.jpeg

Last edited:

rileygirl

Gettin jiggy w/it!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
running!
I wear a classic and a thin. I take the thin off when I do anything extreme but keep the classic on at all times. Classic is very dinged up but the thin is in much better condition.

Reactions: my_my969

Chaton

May 19, 2019
Thank for your info, Violet. I couldn’t resist and stacked 2 of mine. A brand new yellow gold & older pg. Together they looked so gorgeous. But after a few minutes walking around I regognize some slight nicks at the edge of the new bracelet. So, I took the yellow out because it hurts my soul to see the first scratches. :blush: I see here lots of people stacking their bracelets. It looks so amazing but i'm really wondering how you all deal with the dents?

——Oh here are photos of them stacked View attachment 4758686 View attachment 4758687
Perhaps switch the two with the newer one near your elbow. I think the one near the wrist may take more damage due to the impact of the other sliding onto it and with gravity. Grant it - it took awhile, but I have gotten over the damage on my older one (near my wrist) and am more concerned with my newer one. Also, if I'm doing anything too crazy (like house cleaning or dishes), I'll put the wristband on to protect it and hold off on any serious damage! LOL

Over time, I think you get more and more used to the little imperfections, and that's a great place to be in. I think it's better to just enjoy wearing them and gradually get used to the imperfections that happen along the way & get your money's worth rather than have one put away in a dark closet or safe! It gets easier with time!

Last edited:

my_my969

Sep 21, 2014
Thank you for your recommendations Chaton and Rileygirl. I'm thinking of wearing one on both hands but maybe that looks weird :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: Chaton

Chaton

May 19, 2019
Thank you for your recommendations Chaton and Rileygirl. I'm thinking of wearing one on both hands but maybe that looks weird :biggrin:
Believe me, I thought of doing that when I got my 2nd bracelet too to avoid the "clinking" but then I was advised and encouraged to just stack. Also, if you do that, you have to watch BOTH arms, which I think can cause even more damage on them because in essence, you don't have one free arm (I consciously use my bracelet-free arm to grab things when I'm able to avoid dents & scratches when possible!) LOL

• Haha

rileygirl

Gettin jiggy w/it!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
running!

——Oh here are photos of them stacked View attachment 4758686 View attachment 4758687

Yellow and pink look amazing stacked together. I like this look!!

Violet Bleu

Space Cadet
Apr 16, 2015
The cosmos

They look really pretty stacked! Honestly once the new one gets to a certain point of being damaged, you will kind of just accept it. Plus your bracelets will start growing a beautiful patina over time! Embrace it!

Tempo

Jun 19, 2013
Monaco

If you do not like the „patina“ look at all, bring them to Cartier from time to time. They do a wonderful job on polishing them up to brand new condition. That‘s how I keep mine in shape, because I am also not a big patina fan and prefer a clean look a lot more.

Last edited:

ChanelCartier

Apr 20, 2020
If you do not like the „patina“ look at all, bring them to Cartier from time to time. They do a wonderful job on polishing them up to brand new condition. That‘s how I keep mine in shape, because I am also not a big patina fan and prefer a clean look a lot more.
That removes the gold though.

my_my969

Sep 21, 2014
Thank you , Tempo. Hubby also told me that too, just wear and enjoy, they can polish it brand new... ----But I'm still super scared :biggrin:---With these polishing, does the sharp edge get rounded? I have heard something about that. Don't know if this really happened.

my_my969

Sep 21, 2014
Only if they send the bracelet out for a full polish.

Cartier has an in-store "quick polish" service that they don't necessarily offer to everyone, but they'll do it.
yes, Jenaywins, the Sales assistant told me about that. But these procedure can only remove light scratches, no nicks &dents...

minx

O.G.
Dec 27, 2010
Thank you , Tempo. Hubby also told me that too, just wear and enjoy, they can polish it brand new... ----But I'm still super scared :biggrin:---With these polishing, does the sharp edge get rounded? I have heard something about that. Don't know if this really happened.
Yes, once they've polished it, the edges will look rounded. I don't like the rounded look so I've resisted the polish treatment, even though my love is all banged up and scratched...I like my edges to be sharp