SS18 - Natacha Ramsay-Levi's Debut for Chloe (feat. the new Drew Bijou)

Saw this on the blog initially and I was really disappointed, but I think it's just a transition phase with switching creative directors (let's hope so). The double-decker envelope looking bags... Not into it at all. It just looks tacky and reminds me of office supplies, 3-hole punchers and manila folders. :sick: If you carry anything bulkier than a sheet of paper, how are they gonna look? The statement straps too... just feel too trendy to the point that Karl said:

"Trendy is the last stage before tacky."

IMO the chains on the Drews look barely admissible. I can imagine long hair getting caught on those when used as a true crossbody... Just not good. The Drews looked fine before. I don't see the crazy straps as an improvement. They kind of remind me cheap craft jewelry chains you find at Hobby Lobby or Michael's.
I believe they will improve too. corporate will tell her to hire a better team after sales drop and we'll get someone great working behind the scenes.
the most annoying thing now is this collection lacks Chloe hip vibe that was there since I can remember. neither it's edgy or elegant.

Reactions: Oddity
I believe they will improve too. corporate will tell her to hire a better team after sales drop and we'll get someone great working behind the scenes.
the most annoying thing now is this collection lacks Chloe hip vibe that was there since I can remember. neither it's edgy or elegant.

Agreed. Chloe really grabbed my attention in recent years because of all the stunners they've released. It seemed like every bag had an 'X factor.' I loved the Fayes, Drews, Niles and Pixies. Any one of those felt and looked like an "it" bag. The unique hardware on them made it more difficult for replicators to imitate so it was easier to spot a fake and it was just something different and new yet still felt familiar. The hardware was contemporary and old-world at the same time. Like borrowed from another culture or tradition but simplified and modernized enough. They struck a wonderful balance. I haven't been alive long enough but I don't recall seeing hardware shaped like this on bags from decades past whereas these new revamped Drew straps look recycled from the 80s and 90s.

Reactions: GemsBerry
I like the quilting on the Drew bags but I think the new spiral chain design should be removable, it doesn’t look very practical for everyday use. The double decker bags look messy.

I like this new bag a lot though. It’s called the Roy Bag. I think it’s practical and cool, still looks very Chloe. It looked a bit busy on the runway but looks great without all the straps hanging off it.

Attachments

• F4E92A72-32DE-4888-8CB8-4838DEB7457A.jpeg
    F4E92A72-32DE-4888-8CB8-4838DEB7457A.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 258
  • 0099951B-3F66-4BF0-B405-04E3610614BD.jpeg
    0099951B-3F66-4BF0-B405-04E3610614BD.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 228
  • 5557C94B-8EDC-45F0-A835-A72BFE21399C.jpeg
    5557C94B-8EDC-45F0-A835-A72BFE21399C.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 254