Squeeky sound of the leather and metal chain...

This topic came up in a thread before and someone mentioned that it is the shiny caviar that rubs against the chains and makes the squeaky noise. I hav 5 flaps and a few GSTs and only one squeaks!

It is a strange thing! The last flap I considered buying on ebay I asked the seller is the chains squeaked and he thought I was nuts!!:rolleyes:

I don't think its about the shiny caviar? I have a tweed flap with lambskin straps and they squeak an awful lot. But my classic medium caviar flap and 08 fall lambskin doesn't squeak.

This topic came up in a thread before and someone mentioned that it is the shiny caviar that rubs against the chains and makes the squeaky noise. I hav 5 flaps and a few GSTs and only one squeaks!

It is a strange thing! The last flap I considered buying on ebay I asked the seller is the chains squeaked and he thought I was nuts!!:rolleyes:

LOLLL...This happened to me too:roflmfao:...I wanted to make sure that the medium I was bidding for didnt make the noise and I asked the seller and she though I was trying to be funny...

i am so glad this came up! i've been wanting to search on this topic for awhile.
i have a chanel tote that squeak squeak squeaks! it really bothered me, so my only remedy was to bring her only to loud restaurants, etc., settings where my chirpy bag wouldn't be noticed!

I was wondering if this bothered any of you? I just purchased the large classic flap today and I noticed that the leather and metal chain makes a sort of squeeky sound. Does this go away?

omg i experience the same annoying squeekiness when i'm moving or manipulating the chains on my 3 caviar bags!!!!! so damn annoying! :tdown: all along i thought it was just me cuz i often carry them when i'm out at social events or at a club and sometimes alcohol spills on them. so i thought it was the aftereffects of the dried alcohol. speaking of which, did u happen to spill alcohol on yours too? :confused1:

I had this problem too and I'm glad the sound has gone away. It was really bothering me.
My patent jumbo was actually a lot squeakier than my lambskin flap. In fact it would squeak so much that I was tempted to sell it. I'm glad I didn't though - after only a few uses it has softened enough that it no longer squeaks. Now it's one of my favorite bags!

Hi everyone, I just received my mail order purchase of a black jumbo calfskin classic bag and it's really gorgeous. The only thing that is annoying me is the screechy sound that the quilted leather chain makes whenever there's movement. Does anyone else have the same problem? It's loud enough that my boyfriend(who is usually oblivious) actually commented on it. I am taking comfort that it's probably a brand new bag which is causing the sound? But I am not sure as it's really quite loud.... would like to hear your opinion.

Thanks