Spy: Classic or Trend as of Fall 2006

I tend not to care too much whether something is "in" or not. While I do pay attention to what's in fashion, it doesn't influence my purchasing decisions much, because fashion changes every five minutes. I'd rather carry a bag based on whether I love it and whether it will be practical for me.

Also, I agree with aharmon ^^^ - quality never goes out of style!

I tend not to care too much whether something is "in" or not. While I do pay attention to what's in fashion, it doesn't influence my purchasing decisions much, because fashion changes every five minutes. I'd rather carry a bag based on whether I love it and whether it will be practical for me.

Also, I agree with aharmon ^^^ - quality never goes out of style!

Agree with both of you. I buy and use handbags that I like. Couldn't care much about what other people think. Spy is very good looking and practical. I like it for what it is. And enjoy sharing my love for it with other fellow tPF members.

I have the same internal dialouge every time I purchase a bag....but I have been told and believe that as long as you purchase in a classic color, you will be fine to carry for seasons to come. I think the color/material (like patent for fall 06 as I have been informed numerous times) are what tends to date an item. Plus let's face it, most of us on here can't afford to change bags like under garments. Most of us are civilians in the fashion world and not expected to have the "it" bag of every season. So invest in something you love and shoot for every other season....hahaha.