Spring/Summer 2008 COLOURS (yes, 2008)

I'm a little curious as well. I only knew because someone from whom I have bought in the past called for my S/S '08 order...I mean, if he knows....I would assume that retailers are beginning to place preliminary orders. I wasn't offered swatches, so again, it's ordering sight unseen...just styles, hardware and cost. So, I wouldn't think any of this is much of a "secret"??? But I might very well have missed something. Are these new season things usually kept quiet until a certain benchmark prior to the season?

Did your guy tell you not to report it publicly - not to post it on tPF? I'm assuming he didn't. Therefore, I don't think that there's anything wrong with you having started this thread. Once the thread is started, the cat's pretty much out of the bag, isn't it?

Again, there was this whole mess of people calling Bal NY during the first release of the FW 07 swatches.

Well, perhaps they should worry more about when people *stop* calling due to lack of interest. The fact that people get as excited as they do about it is a good thing for their business. Is it really that much more irritating then getting tons of calls a day asking "what time do you close?" All they have to do is put it on autopilot and say, "sorry, I don't know anything yet."

Well, perhaps they should worry more about when people *stop* calling due to lack of interest. The fact that people get as excited as they do about it is a good thing for their business. Is it really that much more irritating then getting tons of calls a day asking "what time do you close?" All they have to do is put it on autopilot and say, "sorry, I don't know anything yet."

Hmm, I really don't want to go off topic on this thread.

There's two sides to this, and unfortunately I don't really want to hijack this thread and start something.

Anyone else excited to see ELECTRIC BLUE????:nuts::nuts::nuts:

Me!! ME!!! I AM!!!

So here's the thing: I won't buy anything else from this season in anticipation of buying something from the FY05, I mean FY08, :P collection.

I'm so glad I saw this thread, now I wont get the ocean, bc I'll have 2 blues to choose from probably in december, and electric SOUNDS like it would be exactly what I want, I really hope its a dark but vivid and you know, electric, blue! Like 04 dark turq was actually a dark electric blue, and thats what I want sooo bad!

Hmm, I really don't want to go off topic on this thread.

There's two sides to this, and unfortunately I don't really want to hijack this thread and start something.

OK, gotcha...I'm dropping it now and moving on with my life. ;) Yes, I'm excited about the Electric Blue but like someone else said, it's hard to picture a blue more electric than French Blue. Any guesses as to how it will look?

P.S. Thanks LG for moving the thread! :flowers:

^hmm, that's a fun question! perhaps just as bright but a tad lighter in color? When I hear "electric blue" I think of the french blue color though...

Yes, thanks LG for moving it...I was wishing it was in the main thread!

I'm feeling just a bit, well, miffed that in order to get a Magenta bag this year, we had to let Balenciaga hold our money for like 3 months PLUS we cannot exchange or return the bags - which just feels controlling.

If it turns out I could have gotten the same color in a regular fashion, I'm certainly not going to leap on an LE in the future - nor do I think it means very much to have one. Well, there's the excitement of having one a few months before someone else - but really, I don't care about that. I don't live someplace where there's a B-bag on every corner, I don't buy them to look cool - I just really liked Magenta and stretched my fashion budget to be able to afford buying it sight unseen.

Sorry about the grumbling. :shrugs:

MEEEEE!!!!!!:drool: I am hoping for indigo on acid - I've had indigo before and it was a little too muted. I want the same medium blue tone but with an intensity and vibrancy that makes the color glow. Not sure how they'd be able to do that, but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

Also - Melisande - I' not sure if it will make you feel any better, but I'm pretty positive the new magenta won't be exactly like the old one. The original magenta had a lot of purple tones that I loved and I can't really see how they could improve upon such a color.

Now, I'm wondering how long we have to wait before finding out what the collection colors are going to be.

Oh god.. wtf. I don't even want to think about this.. I told myself i was so done with new bags after my LE Magenta & Jaune Day..until like, a long time. But Bubblegum. But do i really need two pink bags? Maybe a bubblegum courier *licks lips* NO! uugghhh! *sigh*