Spring/Summer 2008 COLOURS (yes, 2008)

I'm very confused by the three colors that have the exact same names as 2005 colors. As far as I know, this is unprecedented.

I know they have repeated color names in more "generic" colors like red and orange, but color names like Magenta, SKY blue, and BUBBLEGUM pink are very NON-generic.

^I know! I'm very, very curious to see the swatches. On the one hand, they do seem to be doing very close colours right now (Steel and Anthracite, Tomato and Vermillion) but on the other, we really haven't seen a TRUE replica of an older colour except the LE Magenta. It also strikes me as very odd that they would release Magenta as a LE City in the summer and then as a regular staple in the spring collection.

And I can't believe that Electric Blue will be the same as French Blue... but on the other hand, when I think of Electric Blue, that is exactly the colour I think of. I can't imagine a blue more "electric" than FB. :shrugs:

I'm so confused! I guess we really just have to wait for swatches to know for sure...

My thoughts:

Nero- Black: a classic; nice to have it with every collection

Vert Thyme/Salvia - Green: I WANT to like this but am afraid I won't. I'm afraid it's going to be one of those brownish/greenish colors. A crisp sage green would be a delight.

Bleu Electrique/Bluette/Bello -Electric Blue: I'm going to have to see this. It could be really good.

Sky Blue/Azurro (Sky Blue): I'm sure this is lovely, for a few months. The lighter Bbag colors just really do not hold up. Sad, but true.

Magenta/Fuxia/Ciclamino/Nuovo Bello - Magenta: This could be very nice- I await this one anxiously.

Bubblegum/Rosa Bubble Gum - Pink: See comment to Sky Blue.

Bianco - White: Eh. OK. Good for newbies like me.

Sahara (Beige Sabbia) - Neutral Sand: See White.

What I'd really like to see is a deep emerald green. Darker than the "Emerald" from '06 but not quite as bright as Vert Gazon. Bluer than Sapin.

:tup:
You guys know I will be all over the Pink!!! My husband would say "what? you already have 3 BG Pink bags!! Silly, silly man, after 16 years of marriage he should know I could never have too much pink!!
:heart:
The list that I got last week had said BG Pink and Magenta were new and pretty. Which may lead us to believe they will not be exact duplicates of the 05 colors. That would be great because I could use that as an excuse to my DH as to why I need to buy 4 pink bags from the 08 S/S collection! I had a colored called Verde Salvia on my list and I also had a list of combination colors, but I do not know in what style the combos would be used, maybe ponyhair?
:graucho:
Here's some drool worthy pictures to get our palates ready....
06-09-07010.jpg

IMG_6761-2.jpg

Picture2055-1.jpg

06-08-07133.jpg

Yeah, I thought we weren't supposed to mention this on tPF as well??:confused1:

I'm as excited as someone who has been buying Bbags since 2002 can be....not totally psyched(I've seen it all, have a lot), but excited that the colors will be similar to those from 2005. 2005 was the year I took a break from buying Bbas, so it'll be nice to see similar colors to those from 05, but I wanted to see colors similar to Turq. and RT.

Electric Blue....now, this one I'm excited about!:yahoo: I'm crossing my fingers that this'll be close to 04 Dark Turquoise, which I've been kicking myself for not getting back in 04. Or I can live with a cross between Dark Turq. and French Blue(LOVE!):love:

Vert Thyme: Like Incoral, I'm hoping this'll be similar to Dolma:heart:

For those of us who are new to Balenciaga, (my indoctrination was in early 2007), it will be nice to have a look at the new colors, and be able to choose the style. My favorite style is the work, next is the twiggy and then the city. I love the first, but use that more as a little evening bag or if I am doing some major shopping. So, I would really like to have more works in colors that I love. So while some of the colors sound similar to colors in the past, it will give some of us the chance to buy the color in the exact style that we want! I'm excited - the green color sounds interesting! Thanks for posting!!!

Ditto Lovelygarments!:wlae: