Sports Bras...

I am rather big on top compared to my frame, and every sports bra I try is just way to big everywhere and still just fitting me. I am a 34 but a D to a DD.
Its so annoying as I also have small shoulders and while everyone says I'm lucky, i'm extra uncomfortable doing sports!

Anyone have any suggestions that wont squash me down?

LondonBrat said:
I am rather big on top compared to my frame, and every sports bra I try is just way to big everywhere and still just fitting me. I am a 34 but a D to a DD.
Its so annoying as I also have small shoulders and while everyone says I'm lucky, i'm extra uncomfortable doing sports!

Anyone have any suggestions that wont squash me down?

There may be some super supportive bras out there that I don't know about, but from my experience, if the girls are on the large side, the only way to support them is to squash them a little. Of course, this applies mostly to high impact sports like running. I just find that once you get used to being a bit squashed, the relief from not bouncing around makes it worthwhile. I wear Champion squashers!

(I know, I may be a little nuts!)

LISTEN HERE!!!

Make sure your sports bras aren't too tight! I don't have big boob, I barely have boobs but I found out I was wearing ones that were too tight! I have these funny fat hangy thingies they are so wierd, they are under my armpit.

My skin dips in (unnatural looking) then it hangs over! It is HORRIBLE!! It makes me want to cry. I went and saw my doctor and she told me that fat has memory. And so wearing that sports bra everyday (I use to teach sports daily so I would just keep it on all day) would do it.

So, please make sure yours isn't too tight around your arms!

Hi Ladies, I wondered if you could help me by recommending a good sports bra?

I go running every day. At the moment I use an old padded T-shirt bra with the straps tightened as much as possible, and this has given me more support than any of the "high-impact" sports bras I've owned!! Unfortunately, since I've started to push myself harder during the runs the underwiring in my bra has started to dig in and cut me (owch) so I think it's time for me to get a proper sports bra. But in my experience with sports bras, they have not given me enough support and I can feel my breasts being yanked around when I run - it's a horrible feeling! I need one with lots of support. I'm a C cup btw.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have. I appreciate it. :smile:

Hi Ladies, I wondered if you could help me by recommending a good sports bra?

I go running every day. At the moment I use an old padded T-shirt bra with the straps tightened as much as possible, and this has given me more support than any of the "high-impact" sports bras I've owned!! Unfortunately, since I've started to push myself harder during the runs the underwiring in my bra has started to dig in and cut me (owch) so I think it's time for me to get a proper sports bra. But in my experience with sports bras, they have not given me enough support and I can feel my breasts being yanked around when I run - it's a horrible feeling! I need one with lots of support. I'm a C cup btw.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have. I appreciate it. :smile:

Hi una. As you're based in UK, go to M&S. They have a great selection of sport bras with a system of different support levels. As I'm running often too, I always buy their "extra high impact" bras. The support is really good and the price not bad at all (around £20). The only downside is getting in and out of the bra is really difficult, but hey, once you have it on, it's really comfy. :tup:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/s...&rh=n:179480031,n:179483031&isBrowse=1&page=1

I use the sports bras by Champion high motion control for running. I find them extremely supportive (I'm only an A-cup, though). A lot of ladies I know who run, and are also bigger than a C-cup swear by Enell (not sure of spelling). They said that it holds them TOTALLY in place.

I also use Under Armour and they are by far my favorite. I also have purchased sports bra's from Victoria Secret and they have some that are very good too.

Not sure if you are looking for something this intense or not (and I say intense because this bra has a ridiculous amount of eye hook closures on it). Depending on the brand I wear a D or DD and Enell is the only brand that I have found so far that truly keeps my chest locked into place while running. I only have their original one and they make a light version of it now too, that isn't as seroius looking. Here is the website http://www.enell.com/index.php

I have had Natori sports bras for years and wear them for hockey and general gym workouts (I'm a C cup as well).

But now that I'm taking up running I'm finding the mostly cotton content chafes too much.

I have a Moving Comfort bra which I found on amazon.com. I don't know if they carry them in the UK but it's worth a look. The material is mostly synthetic and the straps are wide with light foam cushioning. No chafing and great support!