Speedy or Papillon??

jasanna143

I need more cowbell, baby
Dec 15, 2005
Got the fever for another bag but this time it's a Damier. I just can't resist them. I'm very happy w/ my Manhattan but want something different also and not too big (I returned the Ribera MM). Anyway, choices are betw the Speedy 25 or Papillon 26. It's just gonna be for a errand-running kind of bag so no need for too much space. Anyway, should I hold out and impatiently wait or what? Help! TIA!

I had to post this in this thread too b/c I'm so excited (even though I already posted it some place else ;) ) but I just got off the phone w/ the LV in my area inquiring about the Damier Speedy. Guess it was my lucky day b/c they said they're getting 2 Speedy 25's in less than 2 weeks and I get one! Yeah for me!!!!!:biggrin: But in all the excitement, I forgot to ask how much damage this is going to cause me. Can anyone please tell me?

jasanna143 said:
I had to post this in this thread too b/c I'm so excited (even though I already posted it some place else ;) ) but I just got off the phone w/ the LV in my area inquiring about the Damier Speedy. Guess it was my lucky day b/c they said they're getting 2 Speedy 25's in less than 2 weeks and I get one! Yeah for me!!!!!:biggrin: But in all the excitement, I forgot to ask how much damage this is going to cause me. Can anyone please tell me?

Wow, that's really exciting, I can't wait to see pictures ! ;)

I believe someone was quoted 600ish ? So it'll be under 700$.

I like the Papillon much better, in terms of aesthetics and comfort (the fact that you can put it over your shoulder, if only temporarily). But I guess you made up your mind already. :smile:

yahoooooo - what size papillon do you have? while i can fit the papillon 26 on my shoulder, it's very uncomfortable, too close to my armpits, and I end up squishing the bag. Oh and I'm quite petite too! Though I've heard that the 30 fits on the shoulder fine.

jasanna - wait for the speedy! though if I were to choose between the mono papillon or damier, I would go with damier.