Speedy floral, yay or nay?

My opinion is that the NF is not going to be as delicate. I have decided to keep that one and return speedy.

When I checked the corners of my speedy really carefully (following the discussion on this thread) I can see hairline scuffs/cracks on the canvas next to the piping at two corners in the bag. They are a silver/white colour. Sadly I do not think this is going to be bag that ages well and I’m not happy paying the price they cost for something I’ll be worried to use. I think that putting weight in the bag would be likely to cause further pulling/cracking at the base corners as it’s obviously susceptible to this.

I’m gutted but my NF is absolutely stunning and does not appear to have the same issues. It’s perfect and feel it has a different base to all other NF’s I own. It’s base is harder and flatter than a usual NF, if that makes sense. Almost as if it has a base shaper (that you can buy from third parties to stop base sagging) inbuilt. I suspect LV have done this on purpose to avoid cracking/peeling with use and weight. I think it will be fine and I loved it from the second I saw it, it took my breath away!

I had to chose one bag (of the two) so the decision is at least easy now.
@Bagsbagsbaby I’m so sorry you have issues too! I think that is a really good decision, and if there’s anything wrong with the next I’m done! I have a feeling it may be too delicate for me. Your neverfull is stunning!! I really don’t want another tote type bag as my OTG does a great job, but only for that I would be tempted!

Reactions: Aliluvlv
I’m sorry that you have some issues with the Garden Speedy. :noworry: Mine arrived yesterday and it looks perfect to me. I do think that print is delicate, it’s definitely not an everyday bag, but well, it doesn’t look like one either with the gold and the flowers. It definitely is a gorgeous bag, a collectors item for sure!:love:
@Taimi I think you are right, it’s definitely not an everyday bag, a collector’s item!

Reactions: Taimi
No!!!! I’m so disappointed for you! They are so beautiful but I can’t deal with the delicate nature!!

I can’t deal with it either. I want a bag that will last for years and hold decent resale value (provided it’s looked after). This isn’t the collection for me. They are so beautiful. Perhaps I have been unlucky in the bags I was sent but there have been a few of us here with issues already.

Im gonna report on Monday when I receive mine. But if shes not perfect, she will also go straight back…

Check the corners really carefully in bright daylight. I had to take mine to the window on a sunny day and inspect really closely before I saw them. Now I’ve seen them I can’t believe I didn’t notice them immediately. I think the busy pattern distracted me from spotting iykwim.

Im gonna report on Monday when I receive mine. But if shes not perfect, she will also go straight back…
I'll do the same, sometime next week. I always do in-store pickup.
I'll be the lady in the store, using her phone flashlight to inspect the corners. LOL I'm sure I'll look a little silly, but I'd rather that then have to make the trip back and return it at a later time. If mine has issues, I sadly wont try for another one.

I am really hoping my Speedy is perfect when it arrives Wednesday. My Neverfull and gold card case look 100% perfect. Silver zippy wallet arrives Monday, anyone have any issues with the wallet? I was also eyeing the loop, maybe not now? I have almost the entire Coach line of the floral Kaffe collection. It is several years old and none of my pieces show any type of wear or issues. I am hoping that this line would hold up just as well or even better than my Kaffe pieces.

I can’t deal with it either. I want a bag that will last for years and hold decent resale value (provided it’s looked after). This isn’t the collection for me. They are so beautiful. Perhaps I have been unlucky in the bags I was sent but there have been a few of us here with issues already.
Have you decided to return and not rebuy? I’m really considering it….