Speedy Bandouliere 20

First, this April fools joke is so funny!! But secondly, I really think you made the right choice! So excited for you 🔥. I looove it!!
Oh, I get the joke now. Took me a minute there, because I had written the word "report" on my post and the joke prompt had changed it to "mark with the black spot" and I was so confused! But after googling it, I got the damn joke, lol.

Thank you for your feedback. I am SO glad I went with the DE.
The DE material is so much brighter and lighter in person. The color combo is really gorgeous and it looks so refined in this size.
It's like a little touch of LV, not like a mile's worth of printed canvas, lol.

I love the speedy bags and own a 25 and 30. When the 20 came out I was super excited. However, I ended up getting a Burberry (Speedy style) because I loved the colour better and I literally wear it more than any of my bags.

I love the Speedy style and have both the 25 and 30. When the 20 came out I was super excited. However, I ended up getting the Burberry mini bowling bag because I liked the colour more. It's essentially the size of the LV 20. So if in doubt, go and check it out, as an option.
I saw this cutie in person on Saturday and it's next on my list! I got the Speedy 20 in the DE to match more outfits and because it is a bit bigger in capacity, but this Burberry bag impressed me in person. This will be my next purchase for sure. :heart:

Reactions: Debbie65
I love the speedy bags and own a 25 and 30. When the 20 came out I was super excited. However, I ended up getting a Burberry (Speedy style) because I loved the colour better and I literally wear it more than any of my bags.

I love the Speedy style and have both the 25 and 30. When the 20 came out I was super excited. However, I ended up getting the Burberry mini bowling bag because I liked the colour more. It's essentially the size of the LV 20. So if in doubt, go and check it out, as an option.
Update:

So, I ended up returning the Speedy 20 in DE because the day I was going to wear it I noticed it had a ton of quality issues:
1. Red threads that showed around the side zippers, with 2 of them actually poking out (you could feel the prick when you passed your fingers on it).
2. It had residual glue everywhere.
3. Two of the leather tabs already had a bit of peeling of the edge glaze.
4. The lining was poorly sewn and honestly, looked very cheap.

Unfortunately, I didn't really inspect the bag in-store as I was so excited that I didn't notice any of this until later.

It might have been a return and I have heard A LOT of stories on LV reselling defective returns, but the threading and the glazing issues are manufacturing defects, so I was very disappointed because a $2200 bag, made of mostly PLASTIC, should be as perfect as possible.

I understand that part of the process of making these is by hand, but that doesn't excuse red threads poking through and leftover glue and missing glazing. I am not being super picky or demanding because I am not talking about asymmetry or alignment of threading and placements (like I see a lot of people do). I am merely asking to get a bag that looks "overall" well-made.

Comparing this bag with the rest of my collection, made me realize that this level of quality has even fallen below contemporary brands. And when I

For now, I decided to pass on the Speedy 20 and give it some time, hoping they put out better batches in the future.
I opted instead for the Burberry Mini Bowling bag and I am loving it! Plus, no quality issues whatsoever.

Update:

So, I ended up returning the Speedy 20 in DE because the day I was going to wear it I noticed it had a ton of quality issues:
1. Red threads that showed around the side zippers, with 2 of them actually poking out (you could feel the prick when you passed your fingers on it).
2. It had residual glue everywhere.
3. Two of the leather tabs already had a bit of peeling of the edge glaze.
4. The lining was poorly sewn and honestly, looked very cheap.

Unfortunately, I didn't really inspect the bag in-store as I was so excited that I didn't notice any of this until later.

It might have been a return and I have heard A LOT of stories on LV reselling defective returns, but the threading and the glazing issues are manufacturing defects, so I was very disappointed because a $2200 bag, made of mostly PLASTIC, should be as perfect as possible.

I understand that part of the process of making these is by hand, but that doesn't excuse red threads poking through and leftover glue and missing glazing. I am not being super picky or demanding because I am not talking about asymmetry or alignment of threading and placements (like I see a lot of people do). I am merely asking to get a bag that looks "overall" well-made.

Comparing this bag with the rest of my collection, made me realize that this level of quality has even fallen below contemporary brands. And when I

For now, I decided to pass on the Speedy 20 and give it some time, hoping they put out better batches in the future.
I opted instead for the Burberry Mini Bowling bag and I am loving it! Plus, no quality issues whatsoever.
Awe...so sorry you got a bad batch! Uugh frustrating! :sad: Imo for LV to be hand made (and with a sewing machine) it should lean more on perfection. The issues you named sounds like someone was rushing through production or was just being lazy. I agree some contemporary brands are made excellent. I'm a fan of Tory Burch. Bags, shoes and jewelry. I never purchased or seen Mulberry bags in person but heard nothing but great things about them.

Reactions: WillWordForBags
Exactly.
Louis Vuitton used to be known for its long-lasting quality. My mom has pieces from the 90s that are in great condition.

It is not the case anymore. After noticing the issues on my bag, I went online and found dozens of stories of quality issues with LV. Like serious defects that we wouldn’t accept from other brands.

It seems like we let some of these oversights pass because we are brand-stricken. But that shouldn’t be the case. I saw better craftsmanship on all of my other designer and even affordable but quality brands like Madewell.

It’s not like I was getting the bag on sale or pre-owned. :hrmm: I wasn’t going to accept a bag with issues right out of the LV store.

Exactly.
Louis Vuitton used to be known for its long-lasting quality. My mom has pieces from the 90s that are in great condition.

It is not the case anymore. After noticing the issues on my bag, I went online and found dozens of stories of quality issues with LV. Like serious defects that we wouldn’t accept from other brands.

It seems like we let some of these oversights pass because we are brand-stricken. But that shouldn’t be the case. I saw better craftsmanship on all of my other designer and even affordable but quality brands like Madewell.

It’s not like I was getting the bag on sale or pre-owned. :hrmm: I wasn’t going to accept a bag with issues right out of the LV store.
Yes I don't blame you. There were too many issues. Hopefully LV will tighten up on QC. Too many returns and too many complaints with unhappy customers.

Reactions: WillWordForBags