Speedy b 25 only $20 less than the 30 size?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I’m getting ready to purchase a speedy b in DE. I always wanted this bag and kept getting sidetracked with others. Part of me thinks the speedy b 25 is better for crossbody and more manageable. But it seems a little silly to not get the 30 size for only 20 dollars more. It is much bigger and has a bigger opening. Please advise.

I feel the 30 is a much better size and it’s worth twenty dollars to have the extra space. With that said, I don’t think the 30 looks good crossbody and I love and enjoy mine as a handheld. The 25 looks fine crossbody, but there are so many other cuter crossbodies out there. This bag confuses me. I know a lot of people swear by the strap and using it crossbody, but I guess I’m just old-school in thinking it looks best hand-held or not at all. I’d choose a dozen other shoulder or crossbodies over a Speedy. I’ve seen people fumble over the 25 opening and playing Tetris to get their basics to fit. I’ve also seen 30s carried crossbody where the bag seems to stick out a foot from their side and look ridiculous. I seriously have a love/hate relationship with this bag. In regards to the love, the zipper is like butter and ebene is a wonderful, perfect no-brainer when it comes to care. I mean no offense with any of these opinions, and they really are just opinions, but in regards to original question, I’d go 25 crossbody or 30 handheld. And above all, I’d go crossbody with a different bag altogether.

I think it’s not about the extra $20, but what works for you, and how much you carry in your bag. A lot of people find the 30 too cumbersome in a Bandouliere and prefer the 25. My suggestion would be to try on both and put your things in each and see what feels better to you. I have the Speedy B 25 and find it plenty big enough to carry what I need, for me I think the 30 is too large, so it’s not really about the extra $20, it’s more about function and what’s comfortable to you.

I carry a big wallet so a 25 is out of the question. The smaller opening alone is inconvenient for me plus I'd have to downsize what I usually put in my bags. I carry my 30 with just one strap because I don't like wearing it cross body due to my petite frame. My vote goes for the 30! You'll get more use out of it in my opinion.

It's definitely not about the money, at that price $20 is pretty negligible. I've heard the price isn't that different because the same labor goes into any size, they are just using a little more canvas for larger ones. I have a vintage 25 (not B), size is fine it's more the small opening I don't like about it. I have other purses even smaller but more functional for me as they have larger openings.

The extra room and only $20 dollar more is very inticing. But I think best go for the one that suits your needs and looks good for your frame. The 25 looks better for a shortie and small frame like me for everyday use.
But I wouldn't mind getting a size 30 as a travel bag or overnight hotel stay meaning I could carry a smaller luggage or holdall for the rest of my stuff. So depends on your needs and uses most importantly.

I feel the 30 is a much better size and it’s worth twenty dollars to have the extra space. With that said, I don’t think the 30 looks good crossbody and I love and enjoy mine as a handheld. The 25 looks fine crossbody, but there are so many other cuter crossbodies out there. This bag confuses me. I know a lot of people swear by the strap and using it crossbody, but I guess I’m just old-school in thinking it looks best hand-held or not at all. I’d choose a dozen other shoulder or crossbodies over a Speedy. I’ve seen people fumble over the 25 opening and playing Tetris to get their basics to fit. I’ve also seen 30s carried crossbody where the bag seems to stick out a foot from their side and look ridiculous. I seriously have a love/hate relationship with this bag. In regards to the love, the zipper is like butter and ebene is a wonderful, perfect no-brainer when it comes to care. I mean no offense with any of these opinions, and they really are just opinions, but in regards to original question, I’d go 25 crossbody or 30 handheld. And above all, I’d go crossbody with a different bag altogether.

Hey!!! I'm hearing you and loved your honesty. I've been tossing up about getting a Speedy B 25 or Classic Speedy DE 30. I agree that it's not the best looking crossbody. So I guess I'm getting a Classic... Hallelujah

The extra room and only $20 dollar more is very inticing. But I think best go for the one that suits your needs and looks good for your frame. The 25 looks better for a shortie and small frame like me for everyday use.
But I wouldn't mind getting a size 30 as a travel bag or overnight hotel stay meaning I could carry a smaller luggage or holdall for the rest of my stuff. So depends on your needs and uses most importantly.

Don’t be sucked in by the “only 20 more”.
Get the bag that suits your needs.
If you only carry a few small items they are going to get lost in there.
If you carry a tablet or big makeup bag, 25 will be too small.
I have a 30 I rarely use cost my items roll around in there.

I have two Speedy B 30's and I wouldn't have ever bought the 25. I own a Alma BB and the 25 size was just too similar to that, also I find that there are many other handbags that have a similar vibe to the Speedy 25 but the 30 is just a classic. I love mine and with an organizer it's amazing

I have two Speedy B 30's and I wouldn't have ever bought the 25. I own a Alma BB and the 25 size was just too similar to that, also I find that there are many other handbags that have a similar vibe to the Speedy 25 but the 30 is just a classic. I love mine and with an organizer it's amazing

Love the look of the 30. Tried organizers. I just don’t carry very many things.

I think the 30 is the perfect size. I had the same dilemma as you before I bought my first Speedy b. I went to the boutique and tried both on. I even bought a pre-loved Speedy 25 and a cheap leather crossbody strap to do a "test run" to see if I could live with the 25. I didn't like the 30 crossbody at all. I guess the 25 would be okay if I carried less items. I typically carry a long wallet, makeup pouch, pochette, empreinte key pouch, checkbook, cles with keys, iphone and sunglass case. I'm constantly in and out of my bag with my sunglasses so I don't like to have to dig around too much. I can also fit a sweater and bottled water (which I typically don't carry inside my bags). It was too much organizing with the 25 - to fit all that in there. :smile: I went with the monogram since it's my favorite pattern but I did end up getting a DE 30 b later on to use for rainy weather. I've used both for work this past year and they are just amazing bags!