Speedy B 25 mono as a travel/holiday bag, yay or nay? Or suggest something else

Buy the speedy B 25 mono for travel/holiday bag?

• Yes

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Yes, but in DE

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • No, buy another bag

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
The Speedy 25 is my size of choice and is perfect with the bandouliere because it is not too big to wear crossbody. I prefer the classic speedy and sold my Speedy B, but it was for aesthetic reasons alone; the functionality of the bag was fantastic. I think it’s surprising how much can fit inside. I never feel that I’m unable to carry essentials when I carry my Speedy 25; and when you’re traveling you don’t want a huge bag that will feel too heavy as you sightsee, etc. When I travel, I always carry a bag with a zipper closure because it’s more secure. I prefer a more structured look to my Speedy, so I use a thick felt bag organizer, which also makes it easier to find things. The bag is so easy to pack for travel as well. I had a Damier Ebene Speedy B in the past but sold it. I prefer the monogram personally, and I like the way vachetta ages. How uptight you are about water stains, etc., depends entirely on you, but I have a pretty relaxed attitude toward signs of wear on my everyday and travel bags.

Thanks, that’s great to know.

True. It’s great to know you’re enjoying the mono on vacation. That’s what I want to use the speedy for. I feel that the top handle and also strap has good function, esp the zip top for security. What size is yours?

Yes, the foldability to a bonus!

Thank you, will go check it out.

i use 25 for vacations since its easier to carry as a crossbody.

Reactions: Bumbles
Hey Bumbles! I'm happy to help. :smile: I have both versions so it depends on how the weather is in the city I'm visiting. But I do prefer my mono over the DE because I just love the vachetta. Since you already have a DE I would opt for the mono so you can switch between them. Don't worry too much about the vachetta. Just use some common sense - don't put it on the ground, no lotions, and rain. And if you do get a little dirt on it, it's fine! Over time the vachetta will get patina'd and the usage will just add to it's beauty.
Yes the patina does add to the beauty of it. Thank you for all your comments. I’m super excited to go into store to try it on now. Oh by the way, are both your speedys b25? Or different sizes?

The Speedy 25 is my size of choice and is perfect with the bandouliere because it is not too big to wear crossbody. I prefer the classic speedy and sold my Speedy B, but it was for aesthetic reasons alone; the functionality of the bag was fantastic. I think it’s surprising how much can fit inside. I never feel that I’m unable to carry essentials when I carry my Speedy 25; and when you’re traveling you don’t want a huge bag that will feel too heavy as you sightsee, etc. When I travel, I always carry a bag with a zipper closure because it’s more secure. I prefer a more structured look to my Speedy, so I use a thick felt bag organizer, which also makes it easier to find things. The bag is so easy to pack for travel as well. I had a Damier Ebene Speedy B in the past but sold it. I prefer the monogram personally, and I like the way vachetta ages. How uptight you are about water stains, etc., depends entirely on you, but I have a pretty relaxed attitude toward signs of wear on my everyday and travel bags.
Agree with the structured look too! Makes it look more pretty than when it’s collapsed in or sagging. I’m not fond of that look either. Do you own any speedys now, or did you sell them all? I’m gathering you like the plain 25 as you enjoy wearing it on the crook of your arm and handheld? I have the speedy 30 but don’t reach for it because it’s a tad too big and gets heavy when it’s full. I’m not sure if it want to keep it or sell it. But I am definitely keen on the 25 size! Ahh first world problems. Thanks for your reply

Agree with the structured look too! Makes it look more pretty than when it’s collapsed in or sagging. I’m not fond of that look either. Do you own any speedys now, or did you sell them all? I’m gathering you like the plain 25 as you enjoy wearing it on the crook of your arm and handheld? I have the speedy 30 but don’t reach for it because it’s a tad too big and gets heavy when it’s full. I’m not sure if it want to keep it or sell it. But I am definitely keen on the 25 size! Ahh first world problems. Thanks for your reply
Yes, I still have a classic Speedy 25. I prefer the look of the classic over the Speedy B. It is simply because I don’t like the additional leather supports on the ends of the Speedy B where the straps attach; to me it made the bag look a little too much like luggage. That was the only reason. I thought it was a great bag otherwise. I usually carry my classic speedy in the crook of my arm, but when I absolutely need to be hands-free I use a strap with it (attached onto the hardware that attaches the handles to the bag). I broke the chaps and had to have them replaced by doing this, however, so if you need to be hands-free I would for sure suggest that you buy the bandouliere version.

Reactions: Bumbles