Speedy B 25 mono as a travel/holiday bag, yay or nay? Or suggest something else

Buy the speedy B 25 mono for travel/holiday bag?

• Yes

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Yes, but in DE

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • No, buy another bag

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters

Bumbles

O.G.
May 27, 2009
Hi all,
Just wanted some thoughts on the speedy B 25 mono as a travel bag. Believe it or not I don’t have a travel bag, especially for plane travel and holidays and was thinking of getting the speedy B 25 for that purpose. I already have the speedy 30 DE, and have used for travel a few times, but without the strap and the size I have felt not practical and a bit too big. I also have the sienna pm DE, which I can use for travel too, but think it’s a bit too small. What are your thoughts?
Should I get the speedy B 25 mono or would you suggest another a bag? I guess my main criteria’s doesn’t travel are that the bag be crossbody so definitely a strap of some sort, have a zipper closure for safety and not too big. Also if you say get the speedy would you reckon mono or another DE knowing I have the speedy 30 in DE?

Is the vanchetta too much to manage while on holidays/travelling? Too much maintenance and worry, or ok? Would love to hear from those that have it, pros and cons, or even if you would suggest another bag for travel instead. Happy to hear all suggestions. TIA. Happy weekend!

I like to carry my Speedy B mono for vacation. Most of my vacations are to warm places so i prefer the mono.

i dont worry about the vachetta anymore. I had the ice cream spill on the strap once but it does not show. Guess because the leather is no longer raw now. I do take care not to hold bag by the handles immediately after applying lotion. One should ideally let the lotion absorb before carrying it by the handle.

Last edited:
Mono isn't the most carefree, but the beauty about the Speedy is that it's foldable and easy to take on vacations so you could take both your Mono and DE (for rainy days/bad weather) if you wanted. Wear what you love, is what I say!

Hi! I used a DA Speedy B 25 for travel last summer. I liked that it’s a versatile bag that can be carried different ways and that the size at least for me was not too small or not too big. It did rain a couple of days where I went and the vachetta was a concern. It’s a great travel bag in my opinion

I also have the Siena pm and purchased the speedy b 25. I returned the speedy because it was very similar in size. I would’ve kept (and will one day own) the speedy b 30
Thanks, that’s great to know.
I like to carry my Speedy B mono for vacation. Most of my vacations are to warm places so i prefer the mono.

i dont worry about the vachetta anymore. I had the ice cream spill on the strap once but it does not show. Guess because the leather is no longer raw now. I do take care not to hold bag by the handles immediately after applying lotion. One should ideally let the lotion absorb before carrying it by the handle.
True. It’s great to know you’re enjoying the mono on vacation. That’s what I want to use the speedy for. I feel that the top handle and also strap has good function, esp the zip top for security. What size is yours?

Mono isn't the most carefree, but the beauty about the Speedy is that it's foldable and easy to take on vacations so you could take both your Mono and DE (for rainy days/bad weather) if you wanted. Wear what you love, is what I say!
Yes, the foldability to a bonus!

Hi! I used a DA Speedy B 25 for travel last summer. I liked that it’s a versatile bag that can be carried different ways and that the size at least for me was not too small or not too big. It did rain a couple of days where I went and the vachetta was a concern. It’s a great travel bag in my opinion
Thank you, will go check it out.

I love my Neo Noe as a travel bag. I bought it on my way out to my last trip and used it the whole time I was there and on the way home too. There's a zipped section in the middle of the bag for extra security for items like passports etc., and the top closes completely with the drawstring.

The strap is also great because it can be worn on the shoulder or crossbody because it has two length settings.

Also love the combo of black leather with the monogram.

Reactions: Llesuer
I got my speedy 25 in the World travel Edition, so that it’s mono and has vacceta - oh and that gorgeous red interior!
This is my most used bag without a doubt. I use it for work, travel and going out too. It’s so versatile and roomy but yet it doesn’t look big. I bought a base on Etsy so that it always keeps the shape. I have way more expensive LV bags than this, yet this was my best buy for sure.

I have the speedy 25b and I use it when I travel or when I need a bag to hold a little more than my essentials. Example: I had it when walking around in Paris and I couldn't be more greatful. Since the temperatures was varying throughout the day I could put an extra cardigan or shawl to bring with me if it got chilly during the evening. Also If I bought small souvenirs I could just put it in my speedy. You can also bring the extra strap if you get tired of carrying it by the shoulder.

Pros:
*Looks so chic whether you carry it by the shoulder/cross body or hand held.
*Carries your essentials and extra shawl/cardigan AND anything else.
*It's relatively small but carries so much. And it doesn't look big on my frame. (I'm 5'2)

Cons:
*The opening is considered small and might make it difficult to take in and out stuff. It's not everyones cup of tea. Personally I'm not bothered by it.
*The zippers can snag your shawl or other delicate fabrics. I usually put my shawl in a dust bag before putting it in my speedy so it doesn't get caught.
*It can be difficult to find your small items. I use a samorga organizer or small pouches to divide my items to make it easier to find.

I wouldn't consider the vachetta as a con. I love it and looks beautiful when it gets patina'd. I just don't use it when it rains alot (small drops I don't mind) or hold it when I just applied hand lotion.

Good luck on your decision!

Last edited:
I love my Neo Noe as a travel bag. I bought it on my way out to my last trip and used it the whole time I was there and on the way home too. There's a zipped section in the middle of the bag for extra security for items like passports etc., and the top closes completely with the drawstring.

The strap is also great because it can be worn on the shoulder or crossbody because it has two length settings.

Also love the combo of black leather with the monogram.
Thanks for your reply. Yes I will go check it out at the boutique.

I got my speedy 25 in the World travel Edition, so that it’s mono and has vacceta - oh and that gorgeous red interior!
This is my most used bag without a doubt. I use it for work, travel and going out too. It’s so versatile and roomy but yet it doesn’t look big. I bought a base on Etsy so that it always keeps the shape. I have way more expensive LV bags than this, yet this was my best buy for sure.
Yes this sounds perfect for what I’m after. And the vachetta doesn’t bother you at all? So you think it’s too much buying another speedy but in 25 b since I already have a 30 in DE? And would you say go for mono or DE? My only mono is in my PSM backpack but that has a black trim so it will be my proper first mono with vancetta so a bit nervous! And on holidays too lol

I use mine as a travel bag but inside a Neverfull MM. I pack my Speedy with everything I need, then put a book, magazine, snacks, water bottle, and sweater on top, and use that as my personal item.

I have the speedy 25b and I use it when I travel or when I need a bag to hold a little more than my essentials. Example: I had it when walking around in Paris and I couldn't be more greatful. Since the temperatures was varying throughout the day I could put an extra cardigan or shawl to bring with me if it got chilly during the evening. Also If I bought small souvenirs I could just put it in my speedy. You can also bring the extra strap if you get tired of carrying it by the shoulder.

Pros:
*Looks so chic whether you carry it by the shoulder/cross body or hand held.
*Carries your essentials and extra shawl/cardigan AND anything else.
*It's relatively small but carries so much. And it doesn't look big on my frame. (I'm 5'2)

Cons:
*The opening is considered small and might make it difficult to take in and out stuff. It's not everyones cup of tea. Personally I'm not bothered by it.
*The zippers can snag your shawl or other delicate fabrics. I usually put my shawl in a dust bag before putting it in my speedy so it doesn't get caught.
*It can be difficult to find your small items. I use a samorga organizer or small pouches to divide my items to make it easier to find.

I wouldn't consider the vachetta as a con. I love it and looks beautiful when it gets patina'd. I just don't use it when it rains alot (small drops I don't mind) or hold it when I just applied hand lotion.

Good luck on your decision!
Hi hotsauna! Wow, you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for talking the time to thoroughly analysis everything for me. It helps so much and is exactly what I’m after. You think so much like me and the bag is a perfect fit. Can I ask is your speedy b 25 you use for travel mono or DE? And would you suggest I get the mono for travel considering I already have the 30 in DE? I’m thinking mono for variety since I have DE but it will be my first mono with vachetta so very nervous and since I’m using it for travel too. It will be brand new so not yet patina. Apart of me thinks DE but hubby says I already have 30 in DE. DE is so careful and easy to use lol Also sad but true I have not used my speedy 30 DE in years because no crossbody option and on the weekend I grab other more practical bags eg psm backpack, Neverfull, so haven’t used it in a while. Ahh decides lol. But thank you so much for your reply. Helps a lot

Hi hotsauna! Wow, you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for talking the time to thoroughly analysis everything for me. It helps so much and is exactly what I’m after. You think so much like me and the bag is a perfect fit. Can I ask is your speedy b 25 you use for travel mono or DE? And would you suggest I get the mono for travel considering I already have the 30 in DE? I’m thinking mono for variety since I have DE but it will be my first mono with vachetta so very nervous and since I’m using it for travel too. It will be brand new so not yet patina. Apart of me thinks DE but hubby says I already have 30 in DE. DE is so careful and easy to use lol Also sad but true I have not used my speedy 30 DE in years because no crossbody option and on the weekend I grab other more practical bags eg psm backpack, Neverfull, so haven’t used it in a while. Ahh decides lol. But thank you so much for your reply. Helps a lot

Hey Bumbles! I'm happy to help. :smile: I have both versions so it depends on how the weather is in the city I'm visiting. But I do prefer my mono over the DE because I just love the vachetta. Since you already have a DE I would opt for the mono so you can switch between them. Don't worry too much about the vachetta. Just use some common sense - don't put it on the ground, no lotions, and rain. And if you do get a little dirt on it, it's fine! Over time the vachetta will get patina'd and the usage will just add to it's beauty.

Reactions: Bumbles