Speedy 30 too large for small female?

Girl NO, this size of a speedy fits perfectly. I'm 5'2" and slim/athletic (Size 0-2) and I still feel like its too small for me. The only reason why I didnt reach for the 35 was because of the sag. Go for it!

Another thing to consider is if you wear your bags more on the arm, shoulder, or crossbody, and what size bags you normally gravitate towards.

I am 5'1" size 0-2, and I usually carry them by the handles on the arm, and occasionally crossbody. I always gravitated to medium sized bags. I think it makes more of a statement. That's why I went for the 30. 25 is good "in theory" but was way too small and looked off to me in any position besides crossbody. 30 is a tad large crossbody but I don't care, I wear it that way all the same.

Here's my speedy b 30 in mono. Excuse the crap office lighting.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 745
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,238
Reactions: sayakayumi
I'm 5'3" and have a small frame and I prefer the 25. I thought the 30 looked too overwhelming and too much like I was about to go travelling. I was originally planning on getting the 30 but even the SA's were in agreement that it didn't look right on me.

However, I think it looks great on other people!

For comfort, i will definitely choose mono. The DE strap is so hard (stiff) and carrying it all day (loaded with all travelling essential including water bottle) can be really painful for shoulder.

I love the worry free DE canvas but for comfort, mono is a much much better choice.
Thanks for your feedback! The DE strap doesn't soften over time? Maybe I should buy the mono in 30 b for traveling and 25b in DE.

Thanks for your feedback! The DE strap doesn't soften over time? Maybe I should buy the mono in 30 b for traveling and 25b in DE.

No prob :smile: Yes, it does soften over time but it will take quite sometime to get to comfortable level. Have you ever consider Siena? After using my speedy few times on holidays, i found it sometimes i kinda wish the opening was bigger so it easier to put my jacket inside. Also, for me personally, when im travelling, i try to avoid mono print as much as i can so it wont attract too much attention. If i can redo it again, i will get speedy 25 in DE and Siena for travelling :biggrin::biggrin:. Good luck with your decision :smile:

No prob :smile: Yes, it does soften over time but it will take quite sometime to get to comfortable level. Have you ever consider Siena? After using my speedy few times on holidays, i found it sometimes i kinda wish the opening was bigger so it easier to put my jacket inside. Also, for me personally, when im travelling, i try to avoid mono print as much as i can so it wont attract too much attention. If i can redo it again, i will get speedy 25 in DE and Siena for travelling :biggrin::biggrin:. Good luck with your decision :smile:
Yes, I have but the Sienna PM is too small and MM is too big as a crossbody on me. It sticks out too much on the side since it's a more structured bag and I find it heavier than the Sienna.

I think you need to try them on in the store and decide what works on your body. Everyone has different proportions at their height. I'm 5'4" so not super short but I am all legs/short torso so I can wear petites. Anyway long story short when I was testing out different DA Speedy models however many moons ago I tried the 25 and 30. Going in I thought I wanted a 30 but realized 25 was best for me. My proportions made the 30 look like a gym duffel when I tried them on in front of a mirror and could compare side by side. But there are shorter people who wear & love 30, 35 and bigger!

So that's my vote: try it on then make up your mind!

I am petite, slim and even i love speedy30B I took b25. Perfect size for me : arms, crossbody, on shoulder. Light and can fit a lot for a baby speedy.
Try them at store :biggrin: and if you like 30 or 35, just go for it!

Another thing to consider is if you wear your bags more on the arm, shoulder, or crossbody, and what size bags you normally gravitate towards.

I am 5'1" size 0-2, and I usually carry them by the handles on the arm, and occasionally crossbody. I always gravitated to medium sized bags. I think it makes more of a statement. That's why I went for the 30. 25 is good "in theory" but was way too small and looked off to me in any position besides crossbody. 30 is a tad large crossbody but I don't care, I wear it that way all the same.

Here's my speedy b 30 in mono. Excuse the crap office lighting.
The bag looked great on your arm- not too big .

Reactions: Breadnbrie
I'm 5 3" and have the Classic Speedy 30 DA and feel it's big on me but in pics it looks ok. I personally prefer the Speedy 25 because it's the perfect size for me. Good luck!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 461
I'm 5'2 as well and slim. The speedy 30 looks huge on me. I started off with the speedy 35, thinking the bigger the better but then I realized it looked ridiculous on me, so I sold it. Downsized to speedy 30, then it was still too big on me and I exchanged it for the 25, and it was perfect! I now have the speedy 25 bandouliere in mono, and speedy 25 damier ebene. I would go for the 25. Trust me!