Speedy 30 or Cabas Piano?

Well, pictures usually help:

Here's some stats:
Speedy: 12" L x 8" H x 6.5" W $560
Piano: 12" L x 9.8" H x 5" W $800

Personally, I think it depends on what you use your bag for and if you prefer a tote or a satchel. If you carry notebooks or file folders that you want to have easy access to, I would go with the Piano. If you want a bag for a day of errands, the Speedy would work.

And for two bags of similiar size, I'm surprised the Piano costs so much more.

I can't believe it!!! I was actually debating about which one to buy!!!!

I like the Piano 'cause it suits my needs for put my notebook and all my files to work. But my bf kept telling me it looks like a diaper bag!!!!

I think I will get the speedy this weekend!!! or should I get the Trouville........

I was going to saw the Speedy because it is such a classic. But I do happen to like the Trouville. Depending on how much it costs I think I would still get the Speedy.
Beware though if you tend to over stuff your bag then the speedy tends to sag after a while.

I'd say speedy only because I really don't like the bottom of the piano, looks like it could get damaged so easily if you put it down on some kind of wet surface. But if you like shoulder bags definitely go with the piano. I think the regular monogram speedy is very played out, I'd recommend looking into another line, since most lines have the speedy readily available, or available through special order.

Probably the Speedy, I'm not a fan of the shape of the Cabas Piano. I'm not a big fan of either bag though, if you've already got one Louis bag in the monogrammed canvas, might I suggest looking into the Epi line ? I love the Pont-Neuf, and that may be where my next large chunk of $$$ is going to go towards.

Thanks for all the feedback! What I'm going for is a bag that's going to be versatile and timeless. I do want to be able to shlep work files from time to time, but also want a bag that I can grab on the weekend. I actually like the slouchiness of a worn-in Speedy bag, just wish it had a cell phone pocket!

I don't have any LV bags. I've shied away for a while because I'm not a logo kind of gal, but I've been warming up to the classic LV bags for a while now, and want to take the plunge. I like the cerises pattern, but am afraid it will be outdated in a few years. I've been upgrading my bags over the last couple years, and am ready to get my "investment bag."

Thanks again, and I think I'm just going to have to go handle some bags this weekend to help make my decision. :biggrin:

I don't know how to post pictures, but what do think about the Alma bag? I'll have to see if it's big enough to hold a couple of files and a notepad.

Krissy said:
Get the Speedy.....

Depends on your age. The Alma to me looks like something that someone older would wear. If you're under 28 the get the speedy. If you're older, the Alma is a great polished bag. I'm only saying that because I've seen young girls in shorts an a t-shirt carrying an Alma and it didnt look right to me.
I dont know if it makes sense to you, but the Alma comes off as a very structured professional bag to me. The speedy I think can easily be dressed up or down