Speedy 30 or Cabas Piano?

Iluvbags said:
Depends on your age. The Alma to me looks like something that someone older would wear. If you're under 28 the get the speedy. If you're older, the Alma is a great polished bag. I'm only saying that because I've seen young girls in shorts an a t-shirt carrying an Alma and it didnt look right to me.
I dont know if it makes sense to you, but the Alma comes off as a very structured professional bag to me. The speedy I think can easily be dressed up or down

I agree. I used to fancy the Alma bag but if I had it I would only carry it on Sundays or when I'm in dress attire. Due to the fact that it is so sleek I would probably hurl if I saw some little teeny bopper doing it an injustice.:evil:

I like the Piano better than the Speedy. Seems like I'm the only one so far, but for me personally, I gotta have a shoulder strap! With so many people recommending LV it must truely be one of the most classic purse brands, any of them would be lovely.

BTW, when are they retiring?

i think the damier canvas in a speedy is nice. it would set your speedy apart a little bit more since there isnt that many around. either that, or the trouville isn't too bad either.

mrsjimmyh said:
i think the damier canvas in a speedy is nice. it would set your speedy apart a little bit more since there isnt that many around. either that, or the trouville isn't too bad either.
I love DAMIER! I actually prefer it to the logo monogram actually.

Inky Paws said:
I like the Piano better than the Speedy. Seems like I'm the only one so far, but for me personally, I gotta have a shoulder strap! With so many people recommending LV it must truely be one of the most classic purse brands, any of them would be lovely.

BTW, when are they retiring?

INKY PAWS

LV is not retiring. I think you got it mixed up from my other post when I was asking which LV should I buy before I retire from purchasing LV bags for a while.

I'm just going to give it a rest for a while. LV is definitly not going anywhere. Don't worry. :biggrin:

Bought the Batignolles Horizontal!!! :love:

I went to the LV store and checked out the Speedy, but couldn't fit my notebook in it and it wasn't comfortable to carry. The Batignolles was a much better fit for me.

Can someone give me a hint how you post a picture? I'm a bit URL-challenged.

You must have pounced on it quick, because it now sold out.

There are several different image hosting sites to use that all work great. I just happen to use supload because it is the quickest for me to use.

www.supload.com

1) save picture to your hard drive (in a place you will remember where it is!)

2) go to photo hosting site and upload photo.

3) Copy and paste the IMG tag they give you into your message.

You did it!

See, it's much easier than it looks and when it comes to purses a picture always works best.

I think you made a great purchase. This bag has the same tote shape as the Piano, but has more flair.

Congrats!