Speedy 30 or Batignolles???

I believe you meant Batignolles (the smaller one, handheld), right? not Batignolles Horizontal as some of us here have misunderstood.

I bought Batignolles as my first lv and loved her so much, she is still in my collection now. The only thing I don't like about her is she can hold so little compare to speedy.

If you have a lot of stuff, you should go with the speedy coz I don't think Batignolles would hold all you need to carry around with you

Thanks everyone! Ever since I've been wanting to buy a LV purse, I've always gone back and looked at the Speedy time and time again! I just can't get enough of it! I think I'm going to go with the Speedy and start saving up for the Batignolles for my next LV...no I won't be able to go to a store; I live a good 5 hours away from one so I will be ordering it from Elux. I am so excited! Thanks again for everyone's help! Now I just got to start saving again for the Batignolles...that will be fun...:graucho:

I'm going to do the same :yes:
Those are both extremely great purses! I like the Speedy better though, just like you, I can't get enough of it! The only problem is that you can't put it over your shoulder... And everyone's saying Speedy's the best first LV!

Anyways, have fun buying your first LV, post pics, and of course: Welcome to tPF! I'm also still a newbie, but already addicted ;)

hi,me too a newbie here.n just like you,im thinking to get speedy 25 or batignolles for my first lv.everybody here seems to suggest speedy.which one is better,the mono,damier,or damier azur?:angel:

Hi, yep I meant just the regular Batignolles; not the BH or BV. I carry semi-alot of things, mostly makeup because that is my 2nd love to purses...:yes: I've had both types of purses before, a handheld and shoulder strap and I don't really have a preference; I liked both equally! Yep, I go into buying my first LV knowing that this will be the first of many, many purses from this awesome designer and I'm EXCITED! Even if I go broke and starving, I will still be saving up for my next LV...:graucho: Thanks everyone for the big welcome! I will be the proud owner of the Speedy 30 soon and will post pictures!!!

that was my dilemma before. i was also choosing between the speedy 30 mini lin and the regular batignolles. however, i already have a damier speedy 25 (and quite happy with it) so i ended up buying the batignolles.

As for your first bag, i would go with the speedy, then the batignolles next.

Btw, my first LV bag was a papillon 26. it's very cute but can't hold a lot. now that i'm married and on the way to having a family, i sold the papillon and got a speedy 25. still not that big a bag (since i'm very petite) but it's perfect for me (the batignolles is perfect too!)