Speedy 30 in 2023?

Hello ladies. Im very curious to see how are we feeling about the speedy 30 in 2023. I grew out of the speedy because I now have tiny ones and a bag that doesn’t at least get on the shoulder simply doesn’t work.

I still have my speedy that I bought when it was 500 bucks. It’s in DE and looks 90% new. I cannot decide if I should keep it in my closet for the next fifteen years and then May be pass it to my daughter or if I should sell it. Do you ladies think the speedy is a true classic and will stand the test of time?

I’m just very curious to see what we r thinking and while I 100percent believe in wear whatever you like, I am interested to see how we feel about it from an objective trend perspective.
I’m still wearing mine and haven’t carried the 20 since I received my DE.

The timing of this question is uncanny. I have a monogram classic Speedy 30 from 2010 that I pretty much haven’t used since I bought it. But I brought it out to change into this weekend! I never could bring myself to sell it (too much of a classic) but always told myself “I have time; I‘ll use it later.” But now that I’m older, I’ve realized that NOW is the time to use my good stuff. Later or tomorrow is never guaranteed :smile:. And who cares if others think I‘m out of style or not! They’re not the ones buying my clothes/accessories … LOL!

I haven’t used my two 30s in a couple of years but I’m hanging onto them. I have no doubt that I’ll use them again. The bigger bags will come back and be more popular at some point and speedys are classic. Mine are older, in really good condition and most importantly they’re better quality than the current, now much more expensive speedys. I would keep if I were you.

I think it's a forever classic. I also have a feeling it'll come back soon, I can see how it becomes trendy again in the two year horizon. I have the same feeling about Chanel boy bag. I was never a fan, but for some reason I'm starting to like it now...:confused1:
I'm getting my first speedy now for travel purposes. I don't think it's super trendy right now on it's on, but with the right outfit it can be! Especially vintage looking ones, anything vintage is hot now.

I really think the Speedy is such a classic and never goes out of style! However, I also am one of those people that if it isn't used, it's gone. I don't use my Speedy much but use it enough to keep it, if that makes sense! I'd rather have the $ to buy something I will actually use, so I'd suggest sell.

I still use my Speedy 40 and still love it. It's not too big for me, because I prefer larger handbags for the work week instead of my smaller ones for the weekends. I think it's such a classic style, that you'd regret selling it down the road, not to mention they're so expensive now, I'd hate to see you have seller's remorse and want to buy another one at the current price.

Reactions: PrayersandPurses