Speedy 30 in 2023?

NMBag

Nov 25, 2014
Hello ladies. Im very curious to see how are we feeling about the speedy 30 in 2023. I grew out of the speedy because I now have tiny ones and a bag that doesn’t at least get on the shoulder simply doesn’t work.

I still have my speedy that I bought when it was 500 bucks. It’s in DE and looks 90% new. I cannot decide if I should keep it in my closet for the next fifteen years and then May be pass it to my daughter or if I should sell it. Do you ladies think the speedy is a true classic and will stand the test of time?

I’m just very curious to see what we r thinking and while I 100percent believe in wear whatever you like, I am interested to see how we feel about it from an objective trend perspective.

I love mine! Makes me happy just looking at it. I don't use it often as I have been using my other bags but it's timeless and looks fab and trendy when I use it (and when I see it on other people, more so that nowadays you tend to see more of the other bags than the classic speedy 30- at least where I live). I agree with what was said, trends come and go and come back again! it all depends on how the whole look looks like- not just the bag (in terms of trendy or not).

I have the speedy b 30 and, while I prefer smaller bags, it’s been a nice bag to use as I’m transitioning out of the diaper bag phase with my littles. I’m assuming you don’t have the bandolier version, but would you consider adding a crossbody strap to make it easier to wear? I’ve seen people add straps to the hardware that connects the top handles to the bag. Just a thought!

I think fashion trends come and go every few years (10+). Right now we have been in the nano, speedy 20 phase for a while, but in time bigger bags will make a come back. So I suggest you keep the Speedy 30. Plus, there will be times when you need a bigger bag, so why sell?
I agree. Keep the speedy. It will always be a classic. I still buy 30cm wide bags even though the coolest thing now are small bags.