Special Orders

One of mine was just my local SA and SM, same as usual. That was one that has been created in the past, although it’ll be new to me of course. Approved within two months - I think it was actually more like 5-6 weeks. The other one (never before made “form”) was submitted at the same time and had to go to Paris for approval… Four months and counting waiting to hear anything!
Ultimately Paris needs to decide if they will make and cost. Do you think it is the SA or Paris that is deciding if they will grant that person an SO? I am wondering if Paris leaves it with stores. So SA are making up rules to decline clients from having to submit requests.

Ultimately Paris needs to decide if they will make and cost. Do you think it is the SA or Paris that is deciding if they will grant that person an SO? I am wondering if Paris leaves it with stores. So SA are making up rules to decline clients from having to submit requests.
Great question and I have no insight I’m afraid. My SA mentioned that there was, at one point, a single person in the US who was “dealing with several hundred SO requests”. Paraphrasing but that was almost the quote. So it seems like there might be multiple layers of edit: pre-Paris approval!

Last edited:
Great question and I have no insight I’m afraid. My SA mentioned that there was, at one point, a single person in the US who was “dealing with several hundred SO requests”. Paraphrasing but that was almost the quote. So it seems like there might be multiple layers of edit: pre-Paris approval!
Maybe US stores are different. As mine submits directly to Paris. No middle step. Wondering if the 85k usd spend ‘rule’ is for USA only as I have not heard it elsewhere.

I think the stores have been directed not to submit SOs for anyone who hasn’t met the 85k spend. Paris then decides if the SO will be approved. My SA told me today that he just got another do not order list from Paris.

Here you go, note that the chalcedony RG is an error and should be chalcedony WG. Also note that in the USA, currently MTO requires the spending history approval as well as of earlier this month.

View attachment 5574115
Nicole so now even the MTOs require the 85k spend yikes. It looks like they are trying to move the reg stock and slow down the customization. So glad Im over because I need to order my 1st 10 motif in December.