Special Orders

I already purchase through Christina, and I agree. Ive never met her tho. I am in Las Vegas a few times a year for work, which is why I asked : )
I met a great guy at Crystals that was a pleasure to work with. I didn’t get anything from him as i prefer to use my SA in Houston but was very helpful with my BFF who was looking for a Magic bracelet. Will look for his card.

Yes, it is a shame. Though I do shop remotely through a SA at a stand alone boutique, I much prefer the service at NM, and I have heard glowing reviews from those members who shop at independent stores. There are trade offs for all purchasing decisions certainly. To stay true to the topic of this thread, purchasing through the same SA at a stand alone boutique is certainly the best way to be approved for SOs, as well as to have the first chance to purchase limited items, but sometimes it is not the most enjoyable way to shop, depending on that specific boutique/SA.
Yes. We agree that this is unfair and unfortunate for anyone seeking to build their purchase history for SO.

If you purchase or have purchased your VCA at NM or another non "VCA" store, you can request your pieces be added to your file at the NYC boutique.

I have purchased VCA all over and I bring it with me to the 57th street boutique. They will register it under my name, clean and or service it and it has counted as my purchase history.

I am sure they will be accepting more SO's soon and everyone will get their dream. :smile:

I remember when they weren’t making malachite. While the demand wasn’t quite as strong as for turquoise, yes, people were going crazy for it.

One of us may have even likened the new version as reminiscent of Jar Jar Binks :giggle:

The Short Hills boutique is actually owned by London Jewelers. I didn’t know that until a recent conversation I had with the owner, because they’re expanding in the Short Hills Mall.

Still waiting for my SOs, but have decided we will probably request a two motif earring next…
OMG, everyone was freaking out about Malachite! There were alternating gold and Malachite , then the lapis and gold 10 motifs they did. I think @Bethc has these. I think Lapis has been the most requested stone besides Turquoise. I gases they really felt BA would satisfy both?

Reactions: Notorious Pink
This combo sounds so dreamy! Did you request a particular color type (e.g. darker/ lapis'ish or brighter stone)?
It's a bit of a lengthy story, but I ended up not proceeding with the order. I did proceed with a different set of SOs, which I will share on here 10 months from now. I've never seen an SO anywhere like the ones I proceeded with, so I'm super excited :smile:

Last edited:
It’s a new thing they have recently implemented. 85k spend to be eligible to submit SO
Do you happen to know what the requirement was before this, and when the minimum 85k began?

I have been thinking about a SO since last year...
I messaged my SA about it a couple weeks ago and was told I don't qualify yet since I have not reached 85k.
I wish I had messaged her last year when I first started thinking about this! Now I need to buy more :facepalm:

Do you happen to know what the requirement was before this, and when the minimum 85k began?

I messaged my SA about it a couple weeks ago and was told I don't qualify yet since I have not reached 85k.
I wish I had messaged her last year when I first started thinking about this! Now I need to buy more :facepalm:
Hi,

I don’t believe it was a minimum before. They implemented around March of this year. Yes it’s such a bummer because the SO would definitely help reach that threshold. Hopefully your not too far from the mark. What piece are you hoping for

Do you know if your SA checked to see if you qualified for SO or just decided that themselves?
I had an SO approved and paid for a couple months ago and just requested 2 more recently. My SA said he put in for quotes from Paris. I am curious who is screening clients - SA or Paris.

Do you know if your SA checked to see if you qualified for SO or just decided that themselves?
I had an SO approved and paid for a couple months ago and just requested 2 more recently. My SA said he put in for quotes from Paris. I am curious who is screening clients - SA or Paris.
One of mine was just my local SA and SM, same as usual. That was one that has been created in the past, although it’ll be new to me of course. Approved within two months - I think it was actually more like 5-6 weeks. The other one (never before made “form”) was submitted at the same time and had to go to Paris for approval… Four months and counting waiting to hear anything!