Special order....

oh Lordy guys.....this thread is making me lust after a Black Chevre Birkin with gold hw when I never really gave it a thought before........it was all about a Kelly.......NOW look!

oiy.......

I have started my Hermes obsession rather late in life (I am 43) so I have a lot of catching up to do!

Rose, I would go for black also. My togo Birkin is slouchy compared to the Vache liagee that I held. Have you thought of Vache liagee??? I kind of regret not taking one of the 2 that I was offered.
I know what you mean about your SO AND " WATCH i WILL GO GET BLACK" issue:lol:
I also have a chance for an SO in Jan. and said the same thing to myself!!!:roflmfao: Just have to have a black Birkin, right??? It makes too much sense.

Vache liagee- will have to have a look at the leather book on Monday. What are you thinking of SOing?

Which store are you at? I need a baaaaaaaaaaag~~~

Well I need that consulting job more but that's turning out to be more difficult than SO-ing a Hermes bag

I have been working with the Madison Avenue SAs and they are super sweet and helpful. I started to think that I would never get that Birkin but you ladies were so right. It's a waiting game..... I am just happy that I did not have to wait until I was 90!

I have been working with the Madison Avenue SAs and they are are super sweet and helpful. I started to think that I would never get that Birkin but you ladies were so right. It's a waiting game..... I am just happy that I did not have to wait until I was 90!

It's at Madison? I guess I should forget about it then ... i don't think I can deal with buying a bunch of random things again :upsidedown:

Thanks! The manager said that she will place the SOs in Feb at the next Podium and it then can take up to a year to get the delivery. It takes longer, the more unusual the order is. She also said that if I needed something that was not 'unusual' that she may normally get in, she could me get one from her 'stock' or from another store!! She said she would work with me. I must say, I had to pinch myself, I could hardly contain my excitement as up to now I have always been told that the waiting list is closed and that they do not do SOs for Birkins.

This makes sense - its consistent with what I was told too - they said that if I wanted a unusual leather or color or combination, that would have to be a special order at the next podium next year, and could take up to year, but some more typical birkin combination, eg a gold togo 35 or something, they note your request and get back to you in due course as such items come in.
However I was told, they dont move birkins or kellys from store to store, if you want a birkin or kelly from another store, you have to call them yourself. However, that might just be me - its possible they would do it for other customers, such as yourself, since things seem, uh, so discretionary at Hermes :smile:

I'm still fixated on Rose ordering black chevre, silver stitching, pink lining (fuchsia or cyclamen?), and brushed or guilloche palladium hardware. No colored piping...

Vache liagee- will have to have a look at the leather book on Monday. What are you thinking of SOing?

I really love the Vache liagee leather that I saw. I like how it was less casual than the togo. It was gorgeous, gold was a little paler and shinier than my gold togo and the Noisette Vache liagee was stunning too, very classic looking....would love to see this leather in black.

I have NO idea ...I really need a black birkin or JPG before I can do something special, so I am hoping I will have one in the works before the SO. Many hours of indicision ahead:lol: I love Mrssparkles idea of black and violette interior!!!!:drool: