speaking of sv and bsc -- WHAT WHERE THE BOOKS WHERE THE TEENS KILLED EACH OTHER?

I bet it was Christopher Pike-->I remember those books. Some of them really scared me, more so than the fear street, which were sometimes a little creepy.

I could only read those books in the daytime b/c I am a wuss.

I think it's Weekend by Christopher Pike. It sounds just like it. My Aunt is a librarian, and when I was in middle school she gave me an entire brown grocery bag full of Christopher Pike. Gosh, they use to scare me!

I bet "Fear St" is what I think of as "Point Horror" - the authors are all the same. I guess it was just different branding in the UK. I loved those books; they're still all boxed up at my parents house, waiting to come over to the US once DH and I have somewhere to put them!

I love Christopher Pike books! Sometimes I go to the library to read them. I like Lois Duncan too.
That's the lady whose real life daughter was murdered correct? If so, the one I remember most that I think was hers was about these Native American twins who did astral projection & the one w/ the "bad" life was trying to steal the one w/ the "good" life's identity or something & of course the one w/ the chick who has to join the witness protection program.

RL Stein was no where as scary as Christopher Pike. ::shudders:: And yes, that does bring back memories. And I also, believe that I read the Weekend once upon a time.

^^ Me too! I was just thinking that I should have my mom send them to me :smile:

I looooved Christopher Pike books when I was much, much younger. They scared the crap out of me but I thought they were fabulous! (And somehow had a totally different idea of what high school was going to be like, LOL.)

The first author that comes to mind for me is Christopher Pike, I think I used to read his books when I was in middle school a few of the ones I remember are Slumber Party, Chain letter 1 and 2, Whisper of Death, The Midnight Club and about a million others.

i bought a bunch of christopher pike books on ebay a few months ago. they're just as good now as they were when i was a kid!

OMG I used to LOVE Christopher Pike books when I was in high school! And luckily for me, he started writing adult novels so I could keep reading him. I still have every young adult and adult book he ever wrote. And yes, it was quite normal for many of his characters to get killed off by other characters.

My favorite YA book of his was always "Scavenger Hunt" with "Master of Murder" and "Whisper of Death" coming in a very close behind...but I liked almost all of them! My parents gave me WoD as a Christmas preset one year when I was a kid, and I was hooked. Had to read everything the man ever wrote. And I loved loved loved "Season of Passage." Except for the roach parts.

And yes eBay did help me round out my collection too...LOL.