Spanx?

^^^ ha ha my mom asked the same thing. Spanx are more breathable and have more "give." You don't feel like if you take too deep a breath all hell will break loose lol. I've worn an old school girdle post-baby and leeme tell you the Spanx Higher Power is way more convincing and far less painful than that baby

Thanks to you both! I had wondered if that might be the case. The only people I have seen wearing them in real life - OK I didn't actually SEE them wearing them, you know what I mean. Anyway, none were people who could really be said to have suspected links to a tummy...

When I wear Spanx, they do not make me look any smaller, they just smooth out the little jiggles and bumps under clingy clothes.

that's actually what most Spanx are supposed to do-smooth the lil jigglies out. I think the only ones that make you appear smaller are the new foundation undergarments (read: girdle :sad: )

they make everything look so much nicer in pants, esp slim fitting ones

EBay has them for great prices. I know that the QVC outlets sell them really cheap which is where the people selling on Ebay get them. They are worth it. Everything Spanx makes is great. It does smooth you and you do look better with them but they are not going to make you look like you lost 10 pounds.