Space for Guys & their Hermès

I think you should stick to your K32/35, and then eventually get one of the other ones. I'm eyeing the mini Jypsiere, but after I get a Birkin (if that ever happens).

Sticking with your original plan make sense to me.
It's usually a good idea to stick with what you plan.
A few years ago I rejected a Jypsiere: much as I like the concept, I don't like the way the top cinches in like a triangle making the inside volume much smaller at the top.

But I don't have a clear idea of your requirements other than suitable for daily use and a shoulder strap option: what do you wish to carry; what kind environment do yo7 want it for; size?
Size do you really want the smaller mini options?
What about an Evelyne PM or GM;
I always thought a larger Constance than has been made would make a good bag for a man.
Once the idea of a C comes into the mix, what about a Roulis?
And then there is the Kelly Messenger from the recent runway?

Hi everyone! I’m seeking some advice on my next bag purchase. I currently own a B35 which I got from my SA late last year. I absolutely love it, but it isn’t the most convenient for daily use in my crowded city given that it is a strictly hand-carry bag (unless, that is, I get my hands on one of those controversial Birkin harnesses). My next wish is for a K32 or 35, which my SA indicated he could find relatively quickly. I ultimately want something that I can wear shoulder and crossbody on a daily basis (I would absolutely order a longer canvas strap for it). I am 6ft for reference, and tend to wear neutral, boxy clothes from brands like Acne Studios, The Row, H rtw, and Issey Miyake.

As I’m waiting, I’ve started to consider that maybe I should instead ask for a different style, like a Mini Lindy, Geta, or C18, as these would introduce both a new style and size into my collection that I can wear with more ease day-to-night. If I did this, I would put getting a Kelly aside for a year or two, as two bags in the span of a year is plenty!

Do any of you, especially those closer to my height, have experience with these other styles? I’ve been offered a few TPMs, and they are just far too tiny for my taste, so I’m hoping the ML, Geta, or C18 are more substantial.

Should I forget the idea and just stick to my K32/35 wish? Thank you, and apologies for the long post!
My DH is 5‘10. he likes the evelyn sellier when he wants to carry more stuff (he has the sellier in gold and in black). he uses the sac a depeches 21 for lighter days or travel.

impersonally love the idea of a larger K crossbody, and think that is nicer than the ML. Geta, or C18. JMO though :smile:
IMO only, the Valextra Tric Trac or the Mini Della Cavalleria has a more substantial presence than the mini lindy. As for the Geta, the one time we tried it on, the thick strap attachment to the body made it more suited to shoulder carry than crossbody (JMO though). DH is less fond of the H buckle, so never considered the Constance in any size.

I’ve also always loved the hack of @fonnas here (Kelly clutch hack with Evelyne strap): https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/space-for-guys-their-hermes.377429/page-733

IMG_4474.jpeg IMG_7952.jpegIMG_7617.jpeg

Last edited:
My DH is 5‘10. he likes the evelyn sellier when he wants to carry more stuff (he has the sellier in gold and in black). he uses the sac a depeches 21 for lighter days or travel.

impersonally love the idea of a larger K crossbody, and think that is nicer than the ML. Geta, or C18. JMO though :smile:
IMO only, the Valextra Tric Trac or the Mini Della Cavalleria has a more substantial presence than the mini lindy. As for the Geta, the one time we tried it on, the thick strap attachment to the body made it more suited to shoulder carry than crossbody (JMO though). DH is less fond of the H buckle, so never considered the Constance in any size.

I’ve also always loved the hack of @fonnas here (Kelly clutch hack with Evelyne strap): https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/space-for-guys-their-hermes.377429/page-733

View attachment 5775040 View attachment 5775043View attachment 5775046
I have the hac a dos (which I LOVE) but I'm also waiting to see what the new kelly messenger will look like

View attachment 5775040 View attachment 5775043View attachment 5775046
ah yes, the Evelyne Sellier
that is a good call
I was fortunate to get an Evelyne PM in Barenia just at the time the Sellier was launched
so I had rather forgotten about the Sellier version

Last edited:
  • Insightful
Reactions: 880