Space for Guys & their Hermès

I see what you mean. I personally love the space it provides. It fits my iPhone pro max, my wallet, a key fob, and my slim bottle of hand sanitizer I can wear this bag under a jacket. If there were more space, I would be stuffing this with too much unnecessary items.

Hey gents! I was looking for a new crossbody bag. Went to my local Hermes boutique and found this! I can see myself using this, A LOT! . It’s called Hermes Ultraplat cross bag 37. Would you get this bag for yourself?

View attachment 5700970
Nice! I do like how it is flat and looks sleek. It won't fit everything I want to carry without bulging out too much, so I wouldn't get this for myself.

Reactions: 880 and jargon459
Thank you!

@allanrvj @aluminum_siren do you two know much about this bag? Looking especially for 1. What material is the metal hardware? 2. How vintage is the bag? 3. Any idea what original retail was?

Thanks for any info at all you may have!
Unfortunately, I only have approximate answers for you since it's been so long. The bag is from the early 2000s, probably 2002-3. The retail was probably around $250-$350 USD. My Herline bag was around $250-$300 and I can't imagine the backpack being drastically different. The hardware is almost definitely palladium - H rarely uses any other silver hardware material.

Unfortunately, I only have approximate answers for you since it's been so long. The bag is from the early 2000s, probably 2002-3. The retail was probably around $250-$350 USD. My Herline bag was around $250-$300 and I can't imagine the backpack being drastically different. The hardware is almost definitely palladium - H rarely uses any other silver hardware material.
Wow, $600 in 2023 money is shockingly cheap for Hermes! I would have expected closer to $1500 in 2002 money considering the prices of the current men’s catalogue, even for the items with minimal to no leather.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has seen this in store or online anywhere and the price etc. I assume it’s a mini version of the sac a depeches 29 messenger

Thank you

View attachment 5637937Thank you for posting about it! Yes, I own one and it’s mysteriously unavailable in the USA. I’d love for people to chat more about this piece here so I can learn more about it, and I’m especially curious to know what we all think of its potential for appreciation. Personally I think it will become a rare find because of its unavailabilit and size, and hopefully appreciate in value in increment. However I’ve heard from experts the exact opposite, that it is a less sought-after bag and that because of that it will depreciate. Questions, thoughts and comments very welcome!