Space for Guys & their Hermès

Wow, that is an awesome transformation! Good job! Now I want one! :biggrin:
Do you know what the name of the bag is, or what they listed it as in the title?

Also, how did you know exactly what to do to restore the bag (e.g. how did you use the blowtorch so accurately, and not burn the whole thing up, lol; or how did you that washing the bag wouldn't damage it)?
You can find them all over eBay under different spellings, comes in backpack (S/L, the small ones do NOT have exterior pockets) or tote (S/L):

Hermes Herline

Hermes Her Line

Hermes A Dos

I knew that, despite the labels, nylon and polyester are easily washable. But I also made sure not to make the water piping hot and be mindful not to create permanent creases.

I used a small torch made for lighting cigars and/or weed (it had a leaf on it, lol), so it wasn’t a big flame. Just quickly went along the edges, but of course I can’t recommend it and your experience could vary. I was just very quick with it to burn the fuzzies but not melt the material.

Wow, that is an awesome transformation! Good job! Now I want one! :biggrin:
Do you know what the name of the bag is, or what they listed it as in the title?

Also, how did you know exactly what to do to restore the bag (e.g. how did you use the blowtorch so accurately, and not burn the whole thing up, lol; or how did you that washing the bag wouldn't damage it)?
I thought it was one of the Deauville variants - loads on ebay

This is so inspiring! All the work you put into it really paid off, it looks brand new. Plus, I had a Herline bag in university but sold it and this really brings back memories! Thank you for sharing.

Also, to my knowledge, some Hermes palladium hardware does tarnish. I am not sure why some of my pieces do and some of them don’t. I do find my more used pieces to more likely tarnish but this is not consistently true either.
Just saw part two of this message - thanks! It looks like palladium, and considering how little the hardware was cared for, I was surprised at how easily and perfectly it cleaned up. I thought it would be similar to Louis Vuitton hardware where once it tarnishes, it’s never quite the same up close again. I don’t see any etching left over whatsoever, and it was so bad before that I wasn’t 100% sure it was even supposed to be high gloss.

@jargon5

Thanks for the tag, @allanrvj
My DH loves his in Nero. Although he also has two Evelyn sellier GMs, he isn’t crazy about the regular evelyn, even the TPM for himself. The second (dior jacket ) was worn over the last outfit, but I cannot seem to locate the bag over it right now.

ETA: I’ve borrowed it and the high crossbody carry feels very secure and comfy and can be worn front, side, and back, similar to the dior men’s saddle

Also, in the pics, it somehow looks more bulky than IRL. It’s actually quite streamlined

View attachment 5692146View attachment 5692147View attachment 5692148View attachment 5692149

Loving how the bag looks on @880 !

Bit of a beginner's question for all, but would walking in to a local boutique without a decorated purchase history and (politely) asking for one be a total faux pas? Pretty sure it's not a QB or QB-adjacent, and I'm not looking for any exotic materials or anything, just a plain crossbody for men (and this one looks fantastic). I don't mind having to wait or to build up to it, I just don't want to feel like an idiot and ruin my own day. Thanks in advance!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880

Bit of a beginner's question for all, but would walking in to a local boutique without a decorated purchase history and (politely) asking for one be a total faux pas? Pretty sure it's not a QB or QB-adjacent, and I'm not looking for any exotic materials or anything, just a plain crossbody for men (and this one looks fantastic). I don't mind having to wait or to build up to it, I just don't want to feel like an idiot and ruin my own day. Thanks in advance!
what SAs want is for customers to be honest
be nice; be interested; be friendly; don't be entitled
be positive, but not naive
I assume from what you wrote you are not angling for a Birkin, Kelly or Constance
just explain that you just want a plain crossbody for men and you will be surprised what the outcome might be
Don't try and be a clever clogs, but it would be advisable to gen up on the bags that Hermes currently offers (study Hermes.com; read this forum (not the threads on 'How do I get a QB' they give completely the wrong impression, because they are populated by posters with the wrong attitude)

good luck

If it's something that usually sits on the website for a few days before being sold (like this bag and pretty much any men's bag), any SA would be delighted to sell it to you. Finding one in stock may be the bigger problem, as there's a still a general lack of stock in leather right now, so you might have to wait.

Reactions: averagejoe

Thank you! I don’t think it’s a faux pas to inquire about what H makes in a mens crossbody that may be available. If you dislike the vibe of an SA p, then i recommend not buying from that person. I do think men have an easier time asking for non BKC leather bags, but that’s simply based on my DHs experience. We walked in; saw up it on a mens wear mannequin and asked our SA to try it on. It was brand new to the store, so they had an etoupe, a navy, and a Nero. (I liked etoupe, but SA and DH preferred Nero, so Nero is was :smile: if you don’t have an SA, in a flagship store, you can ask the concierge for an SA to be assigned and specify you would like to look at some kind of mens crossbody, not a BKC. Or, if there is no concierge desk, simply browse in leather and ask for help. My DH also likes the evelyn sellier, but it’s a bigger bag. I have not seen men wear the Getta or the Della cavallleria, but the DC is one of my favorites, and I think its gender neutral. Happy Shopping.

ETA: @fonnas hacked a cute trick with a wristlet sac a de peches to create a crossbody. Perhaps he will see this tag and explain. See, post 10,994 by Fonnas, entitled KD25 hacked with an Evelyne strap.

Hi, new member here. Have been contemplating a Sac a Depeches 21 this year. I don't seem to see a lot of guys rocking this bag online. Does anyone here own one and willing to share pictures? Also, what do you all think of this bag? I like the practicality and the simplicity of this bag, similar to an Evelyne tpm. :smile:
Here is mine in Barenia Faubourg! I must say it’s the perfect size for everything that I need - card case, car keys, phone. The hands free option makes it very practical.

E28BF10E-FC4E-4F37-9D26-520B7C094B1D.jpeg

18DF42F3-7201-4B1D-8643-ED72699EB718.jpeg

Any body got Stealth Skateboard Bolide 31 recently ? I got black one from the official web, not sure it's good purchase ... I probably can get better bag for the money... any thoughts? It's limit edition with Blue inner box. from the internet seems some countries can just walk into the store to purchase or from the official web to get this bag.. how's your experience with this bag? Have you seen this bag in store or your sa offers this bag to you?

View attachment 5673314

View attachment 5673315
Purchased this bag in October and love it. The size is really great since I normally do not carry much with me. And it is really convenient to take things in and out of. I have the Emile, which is a great bag, but the opening is really inconvenient.

Did you keep yours?
IMG_4850 Large.jpegIMG_4852 Large.jpegIMG_7001 Large.jpeg