Space for Guys & their Hermès

CONGRATS!
These bags are hard to come by, I have the same one. I know that because it took me 2 years to find mine. I am not a fan of the double gusset SAD or Kelly's briefcase. Hence why I wanted this one. The size is perfect for my MacBook pro 13" + charger, Ulysse note pad, and a small pouch. Enjoy it.
Hello guys...new-ish member here. (I joined in 2021, but didn't post much)
So now I am back here full time as I get more serious about Hermes, and glad there is a community for just us gents :smile:. I used to be a total LV junkie, but after owning Hermes---I see a stark difference in quality and overall how excited/inspired the brand makes me "feel".

Silly question: what does everyone mean when they say single/double gusset? Is this only one type of bag? Can someone post a side-by-side so I can see the difference?

Hello guys...new-ish member here. (I joined in 2021, but didn't post much)
So now I am back here full time as I get more serious about Hermes, and glad there is a community for just us gents :smile:. I used to be a total LV junkie, but after owning Hermes---I see a stark difference in quality and overall how excited/inspired the brand makes me "feel".

Silly question: what does everyone mean when they say single/double gusset? Is this only one type of bag? Can someone post a side-by-side so I can see the difference?
As in one or two interior compartments.

Hi, new member here. Have been contemplating a Sac a Depeches 21 this year. I don't seem to see a lot of guys rocking this bag online. Does anyone here own one and willing to share pictures? Also, what do you all think of this bag? I like the practicality and the simplicity of this bag, similar to an Evelyne tpm. :smile:
I think @880 's husband has one.
I've seen a bleu saphir togo version in Paris. Very cute, looks very practical, and unlike the Evelyne, it closes.

Hi, new member here. Have been contemplating a Sac a Depeches 21 this year. I don't seem to see a lot of guys rocking this bag online. Does anyone here own one and willing to share pictures? Also, what do you all think of this bag? I like the practicality and the simplicity of this bag, similar to an Evelyne tpm. :smile:
I don't own this bag but I really like it. One of my favourite men's bags from Hermes, actually. Looks really easy to use. I just can't justify buying it with all the other distractions from other brands at the moment.

@jargon5

Thanks for the tag, @allanrvj
My DH loves his in Nero. Although he also has two Evelyn sellier GMs, he isn’t crazy about the regular evelyn, even the TPM for himself. The second (dior jacket ) was worn over the last outfit, but I cannot seem to locate the bag over it right now.

ETA: I’ve borrowed it and the high crossbody carry feels very secure and comfy and can be worn front, side, and back, similar to the dior men’s saddle

Also, in the pics, it somehow looks more bulky than IRL. It’s actually quite streamlined

9FC4A7BC-6906-4F09-A6C8-28E70235D032.jpeg564A389F-36EA-43DE-89E8-C95CE9E50DE9.jpeg7EFA2206-87D2-4481-BF66-FFDE60476AF4.jpegC6582F37-52C0-4909-B9DD-F8E50C2B8CE8.jpeg

Last edited:
@jargon5

Thanks for the tag, @allanrvj
My DH loves his in Nero. Although he also has two Evelyn sellier GMs, he isn’t crazy about the regular evelyn, even the TPM for himself. The second (dior jacket ) was worn over the last outfit, but I cannot seem to locate the bag over it right now.

ETA: I’ve borrowed it and the high crossbody carry feels very secure and comfy and can be worn front, side, and back, similar to the dior men’s saddle

Also, in the pics, it somehow looks more bulky than IRL. It’s actually quite streamlined

View attachment 5692146View attachment 5692147View attachment 5692148View attachment 5692149
Thanks so much for the pictures! And This bag looks so good on you!

• Thanks
Reactions: HEYNIXON and 880
Been looking for a medium, durable backpack, but my budget is small. Was looking to spend less than $500 and came across this one from a Japanese eBay seller that fit my needs perfectly. Offered $260 because it looked quite worn in pics and to my surprise, they accepted!

CA0FB0B7-CEC2-4932-8220-07BD1EA337AD.jpeg
AC9A9916-086A-48EA-911C-6B2226363DAA.jpeg
CD08CB2C-9D47-4D39-A81B-266CC25567D6.jpeg
AC9A9916-086A-48EA-911C-6B2226363DAA.jpeg

Obviously, it needed some help. I have a Wahl beard trimmer that’s been retired to just arts & crafts use, so I used that to buzz all the worn spots off the surface of the bag and, especially, the worn, fuzzy straps. Worked like a charm. For the corners, I used a flame from a torch to burn away the worn spots. Worked perfect on the nylon & polyester construction.

For the hardware, I used Autosol and cotton applicators to bring them back to life. Anyone know what they might be made of? As far as I was aware, Palladium won’t tarnish this way.

The bag smelled heavily of vintage storage scent, so I mixed some Dawn soap together with All free & clear and gave the bag about 10 warm hand rinses. When I say the water ran black the first two rinses… I mean BLACK. This thing was neglected in its first life.

5AA8D29D-04F8-43A3-B4FE-8FC1E3B29DCE.jpeg
AD03FC2E-F6AE-46F7-9965-FB32423BF083.jpeg
C1F01462-2BEA-44E9-9D01-6A58C226926C.jpeg
CDBF5A42-053F-4340-A186-99DD9F77D331.jpeg

Finally, I cut some thin, firm felt pieces from 12x18 sheets that I purchased for $2.50 each at Joann’s and stuffed them into the 6 outer pockets to bring the shape back to life. Accidentally double-filled the front center pocket during fitment tests in below pics, so excuse the bulge that’s since been rectified. End result:

ECD5720D-D114-4BB0-870C-C04CF77EBA2D.jpeg
3F6052AB-B5A3-4A6C-BA48-11F6F984C13F.jpeg

You’ll see straps are completely fixed from all the fraying in before pics. Never had so many compliments on a bag. I knew the shape is unique, but every time I walk to or from my desk at work, someone yells “nice bag!” Super happy with the end result!

Last edited:
Been looking for a medium, durable backpack, but my budget is small. Was looking to spend less than $500 and came across this one from a Japanese eBay seller that fit my needs perfectly. Offered $260 because it looked quite worn in pics and to my surprise, they accepted!

View attachment 5694241
View attachment 5694244
View attachment 5694242
View attachment 5694256

Obviously, it needed some help. I have a Wahl beard trimmer that’s been retired to just arts & crafts use, so I used that to buzz all the worn spots off the surface of the bag and, especially, the worn, fuzzy straps. Worked like a charm. For the corners, I used a flame from a torch to burn away the worn spots. Worked perfect on the nylon & polyester construction.

For the hardware, I used Autosol and cotton applicators to bring them back to life. Anyone know what they might be made of? As far as I was aware, Palladium won’t tarnish this way.

The bag smelled heavily of vintage storage scent, so I mixed some Dawn soap together with All free & clear and gave the bag about 10 warm hand rinses. When I say the water ran black the first two rinses… I mean BLACK. This thing was neglected in its first life.

View attachment 5694247
View attachment 5694248
View attachment 5694250
View attachment 5694249

Finally, I cut some thin, firm felt pieces from 12x18 sheets that I purchased for $2.50 each at Joann’s and stuffed them into the 6 outer pockets to bring the shape back to life. Accidentally double-filled the front center pocket during fitment tests in below pics, so excuse the bulge that’s since been rectified. End result:

View attachment 5694251
View attachment 5694252

You’ll see straps are completely fixed from all the fraying in before pics. Never had so many compliments on a bag. I knew the shape is unique, but every time I walk to or from my desk at work, someone yells “nice bag!” Super happy with the end result!
great work. this is a really popular bag in Japan. I've seen this a lot in both Tokyo and Osaka, carried by both men and women.

View attachment 5694241
View attachment 5694244
View attachment 5694242
View attachment 5694256

View attachment 5694247
View attachment 5694248
View attachment 5694250
View attachment 5694249

View attachment 5694251
View attachment 5694252

This is so inspiring! All the work you put into it really paid off, it looks brand new. Plus, I had a Herline bag in university but sold it and this really brings back memories! Thank you for sharing.

Also, to my knowledge, some Hermes palladium hardware does tarnish. I am not sure why some of my pieces do and some of them don’t. I do find my more used pieces to more likely tarnish but this is not consistently true either.

View attachment 5694241
View attachment 5694244
View attachment 5694242
View attachment 5694256

View attachment 5694247
View attachment 5694248
View attachment 5694250
View attachment 5694249

View attachment 5694251
View attachment 5694252

Wow, that is an awesome transformation! Good job! Now I want one! :biggrin:
Do you know what the name of the bag is, or what they listed it as in the title?

Also, how did you know exactly what to do to restore the bag (e.g. how did you use the blowtorch so accurately, and not burn the whole thing up, lol; or how did you that washing the bag wouldn't damage it)?

Reactions: throwaway811