Sofia Coppola (SC) Club

Hi, just a quick update regarding dry leather on my SC.
My SC cobalt sat in the closeth for a year using other bags. When I took her out she had become very dry. LV told me not put anything on the bag so I didn't. A year later she was so dry she had become almost stiff. I was so sad about it, my beautiful SC :sad:
Then I read the docride thread about Hermes, and saw that she used Blackrock Leather n Rich on Togo leather. I tried it on my SC :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:I can't believe it, she got her life back:heart:. She is now supple, soft, shiny OMG, can't stop touching my bag:biggrin:.
Hope this helps anyone who's got the same problem:flowers:

My SC cobalt sat in the closeth for a year using other bags. When I took her out she had become very dry. LV told me not put anything on the bag so I didn't. A year later she was so dry she had become almost stiff. I was so sad about it, my beautiful SC :sad:
Then I read the docride thread about Hermes, and saw that she used Blackrock Leather n Rich on Togo leather. I tried it on my SC :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts:I can't believe it, she got her life back:heart:. She is now supple, soft, shiny OMG, can't stop touching my bag:biggrin:.

Oh this is fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Gosh I had better take my Sofia out and use her more often. I don't want this to happen. LV didn't offer any solutions about what to use?

Just a heads up, Docride does NO LONGER reccomend Blackrock Leather n Rich, I'm not quite sure why, but if you check her thread in the Hermès sub forum you can find more info.
I feel like you saved me :lol:, but I am glad the product worked on the other poster's bag. :smile: I use Leather Honey on mines. It is not a recommendation for all SCs; it is just what I am using right now. I am happy with the results and no damages to the purses. A small patch test is always best before applying these types of products to the whole bag.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, Docride does NO LONGER reccomend Blackrock Leather n Rich, I'm not quite sure why, but if you check her thread in the Hermès sub forum you can find more info.
Maybe it's because she has launched her own leather care line? Or it could be that they changed the formula?:confused1: I'll check it out, thank you

Hi again.
I read Docrides thread, and what I understand is that the Blackrock is not longer recommended because people have had problems with the application when they have used the product. It's quite a heavy conditioner and should be used sparingly. So I think it's safe if you know what you are doing :biggrin: I have used Blackrock for many years on other bags and it has worked out great. I was also very careful when I applied it on my SC. I have asked Docride for some other leather conditioner tips. She is not allowed to recommend her own products on the forum, but she has a web-page:smile:

Congrats! Docride is the best leather expert, ever!

i've been browsing through the pre-loved market for a sofia coppola bag, and i've noticed one thing: most of them seem to have at least one side sort of caving in. (see pics below.) is this what typically happens to this bag after some use? does it not retain it shape? thanks everyone!

m0MajmEAk8l0fmiusJIWaGA.jpg

10073689_01.jpg

i've been browsing through the pre-loved market for a sofia coppola bag, and i've noticed one thing: most of them seem to have at least one side sort of caving in. (see pics below.) is this what typically happens to this bag after some use? does it not retain it shape? thanks everyone!

m0MajmEAk8l0fmiusJIWaGA.jpg

10073689_01.jpg

The leather is very soft. They slouch like this even brand new. It's not a rigid bag. You can use a shaper/ organizer to help a bit but it's the nature of the leather and the design of the bag