Sock Boots❤️

I love sock booties - wear them with long skirts/dresses and it creates a sleek look - same under wide/cropped pants. Personally I like the shoe part to have some structure so it doesn't get "foot-shaped", and for the shaft to be stretchy so it's a very close to the leg look. It's basically an evolution of the stretch boot/bootie IMO.
I've been wanting the Weitzmans but they don't look as stretchy/narrow as I had imagined.

I love sock booties - wear them with long skirts/dresses and it creates a sleek look - same under wide/cropped pants. Personally I like the shoe part to have some structure so it doesn't get "foot-shaped", and for the shaft to be stretchy so it's a very close to the leg look. It's basically an evolution of the stretch boot/bootie IMO.
I've been wanting the Weitzmans but they don't look as stretchy/narrow as I had imagined.

Good points!

The SW’s are too loose around the ankle, which causes bagginess on me. Maybe my ankles are too thin for this brand.

The Leiths are really the epitome of a sock bootie - imo. Fits like a sock and it is ribbed.

Good points!

The SW’s are too loose around the ankle, which causes bagginess on me. Maybe my ankles are too thin for this brand.

The Leiths are really the epitome of a sock bootie - imo. Fits like a sock and it is ribbed.
Yup, I have skinny ankles and calves too. Do all the Leiths have stripes? I might try them. The Row has a flat sock boot that looks so comfortable but it's of course really expensive :smile:

Yup, I have skinny ankles and calves too. Do all the Leiths have stripes? I might try them. The Row has a flat sock boot that looks so comfortable but it's of course really expensive :smile:
Yes, the Leiths have a stripe at the top, but usually its hidden for me since I tend to wear pants or jeans over it.

Maybe the ones you want went on sale? I've been replenishing mine.

Street style. Love how the lighter color sock boots slims the ankle against the dark denim. Pointy cap toe contrast is the icing on the cake to elongate.
work-outfits-for-winter-284258-1575840238060-image.1080x0c.jpg

Reactions: Annie J
New otk sock boots from Balenciaga...debating to keep or not
View attachment 4652489
I have the Balenciaga Knife OTK with the lower heel. I do love them, the point in the Knife and the angle at the back of the heel is unmistakable and like no other! Are yours the newer slightly rounder toe? I love that too. But I do have a little trouble getting mine to stay up past the knee because essentially they are like a pair of hold up stockings.They tend to gradually roll down to just above the knee when I walk around. It’s fine if I go bare-legged, then they stay up, but I usually want to wear tights with these OTK ones myself. It might help if you have a slightly slimmer thigh than I do! I would have loved the full trouser version but it wasn’t to be. I do wear them, they look fabulous with dresses maxi, midi and mini, but they are not the most comfortable of my sock/stretch boots. Though they are the most expensive. They are very much a pump with a sock attached over it, aren’t they? Others from places like Zara and Uterqüe I’ve tried have a more integrated ankle and more securely, comfortably fitted foot. It’s why I had to go for the lower heel version, I just didn’t feel I could manage with the higher heel and the lack of support. They do fit to the leg over the ankle beautifully though, very sleek.

I have the Balenciaga Knife OTK with the lower heel. I do love them, the point in the Knife and the angle at the back of the heel is unmistakable and like no other! Are yours the newer slightly rounder toe? I love that too. But I do have a little trouble getting mine to stay up past the knee because essentially they are like a pair of hold up stockings.They tend to gradually roll down to just above the knee when I walk around. It’s fine if I go bare-legged, then they stay up, but I usually want to wear tights with these OTK ones myself. It might help if you have a slightly slimmer thigh than I do! I would have loved the full trouser version but it wasn’t to be. I do wear them, they look fabulous with dresses maxi, midi and mini, but they are not the most comfortable of my sock/stretch boots. Though they are the most expensive. They are very much a pump with a sock attached over it, aren’t they? Others from places like Zara and Uterqüe I’ve tried have a more integrated ankle and more securely, comfortably fitted foot. It’s why I had to go for the lower heel version, I just didn’t feel I could manage with the higher heel and the lack of support. They do fit to the leg over the ankle beautifully though, very sleek.
Yes, these are the slightly rounded toe version. The knit is like 2 layers of Herve Leger bandage material so it's quite thick, and not the easiest to take on and off, but they do keep your legs insulated. I think they'll be great under flowy dresses and skirts when it's cold out.

They go way up my thighs, so they stay up quite well bc that's the widest part, and bc the material is so thick.

Is yours made with a different fabric? I love the pointy knife, so iconic and statement.