Socialites and their Hermes

Spotted this today... I know the twilly is from H but I actually don't know if the basket bag is or not? I'm not that knowledgeable with h bags lol

View attachment 5959651
I think that’s just an homage to Jane Birkin’s basket bag she carried everywhere as I’ve never seen anything like that from H 🤔 very cool though!

Attachments

• IMG_6520.jpeg
    IMG_6520.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 83
I’ve been thinking about Iris Apfel as she’s just passed away, and I’m getting a connection. The multiple bracelets, the braid…. There’s obviously a different motivation, these ladies are responding to the specific event they’re attending and Apfel piled on what she likes in ways that pleased her. But there are parts of each that I think are easily wearable and fabulous.

Sometimes knowing so much about H may be limiting; we can dissect each charm on that braid because so many of us are intimately aware of every product H puts out. But outside of the boutique, often described as a ‘zoo’ on the wildlife thread :lol:, the look reads much differently. And yes, social media changes the equation, but …. Just musing :flowers: