SoCal...Question (and everyone else!)

They are long enough to wear on your shoulder. I wear my paddy satchel on my shoulder without any issues. I don't recall exactly if it was longer though. I wasn't paying enough attention to it to say definite yay. It is atleast as long, it definitely wasn't shorter than the satchel straps. But how much longer, I really couldn't tell you from memory. I was enamored with the Gladys at the time. :shame:

ETenebris said:
LVR has it in chocolate and gris clair. I am liking the gris clair, too...and no metallic worries. Has anyone seen the gris clair (which should be a light grey)? If I could sell my Furla Farrah, I might get this since I am sending the Gaucho back. Hmmm...would be less $$$ from LVR!

That's one sssssqqqqquidgggggyyyyy bag ET!!! :love:

ETenebris said:
The Edith, according to NAP, is not the turquoise, but a more blue-blue. Odd. That grey is definitely a different color than it looks on LVR! The LVR mousse photographed darker, so maybe they are not the same? Does anyone know? Chloe needs to send us leather swatches!

Oh, and to answer your question from before, no...I have no idea when NM is getting the pewter color in. Is that the same as anthracite? I think I said the wrong thing above!

In my experience, Chloe have always been 'a law unto themselves' and produce their bags in any colour they like (however similar to another colour) and whenever they like!!! ;)

I have tried the large Betty at NM (have not seen the metallic). The straps are long enough to wear on the shoulder with a light sweater (maybe light jacket). I am not sure if you could wear the bag on the shoulder with a coat (I think maybe the petite, small frame girls could...I don't think I could). I am a bit "anti-Betty" due to the problem I had with dye transfer...the regular leather Betty is also quite "fragile" in that she scratches very easily (if metallic is same, could have flaking issue mentioned by others). Hmmm...I am not sure about this one...

I love that big Betty but it IS big, very big, like a small travel bag almost. I didn't say *too* big, so if that's what you're looking for, it's a great choice (aside from the price). About the straps, hmmmm...I can't remember. I know the medium Betty (the bag I'm madly in love with and will snap soon and buy in Tan) straps are about like the Paddy... not especially comfy for me on the shoulder but do-able. I feel sure that the large one has even longer straps but I didn't try it. I saw the grey in person and I don't care for it. It's really really light in color and very flat and undimensional. Love the chocolate, tan, and green.

The bag that Saks had on the floor had the stitching coming completely out near the straps. I was shocked. I don't know if that's an indication of the overall quality of the bag but i can't imagine it was man-handled that much in Saks. Something to keep in mind (I keep reminding myself of that but I still want that dang bag!).

Nordstrom SCP had 3-4 shelving units, not just shelves...the entire rack units...full of Chloe bags yesterday...many silverado, Betty, pocket bags...some Paddington satchels, zippy bowler, a black vanity style bowler, they were well represented (more bags in Nordstrom than the Chloe boutique I think)...

ETenebris said:
Are the straps long enough to wear comfortably on the shoulder? As in, longer than the Paddy satchel straps?

Hi ET, I tried on the large ivory and the straps seemed shorter than the pocket. FYI. I really liked it tho, all the pockets and such, but it was a little too big for my taste ... just a smidge.... (and I love big bags!).

hey ET, i've seen the grey and the metalic one...now i don't remember where is saw the metalic, think it was BG....the grey is really light, it has a bluish tint..it's an odd color...not one i responded to...i have the betty hobo as i wanted one i could wear as a shoulder bag all the time...i love all the pockets and it is very light....the ivory betty is really pretty...don't know if u sold the blanc paddy....you can wear it over your shoulder with a light jacket or sweater. the big is big and the small isn't big enough - not for me. that's why i like the hobo one, it's in between. the black patent is my favorite. but after that the silvery one is great. it sort of squishes up under your arm.
also, mine has not scratched and i spilled coffee on it the first day and it came off...

Thanks everyone! I think if it's too big for Mammab, and she has the fab tote, and it scratches easily, AND the straps are not shoulder friendly, I may have to hold off. I would hate to have to return ANOTHER bag. The color is beautiful, but I will see if I can find another bag to fill my metallic void!

They have the anthracite color in the regular paddy. The Betty is big but not bigger than the shopper tote (probalby height from bottom to top is about the same, maybe a bit shorter, from what I remember). Lots of room and pockets, but looks more like a travel bag to me than an every day purse/ bag? It fits on your shoulders but I don't think it can fit comfortably if you have a jacket on. Also, from when I tried it on at NM, it falls off my shoulders pretty easily. A few weeks ago I was thinking about getting this, and eventually decided to hold off.

ET-
I agree with everyone - I don't think you will end up liking this bag. Its "thick" and hard to fit under your arm even if you get it on your shoulder. The hobo style if the most practical of all the bettys. Easy to wear on your shoulder, lightweight and lots of pockets.:amuse: