Soap Operas!!!

I waffle between "The Young & the Restless" and "All My Children" thanks to the wonders of SOAPnet. Right now I'm on a Y&R kick because the storylines on AMC are draaaaaging, especially the "Who Killed Greg Madden?" mystery.

I am also totally getting into Beverly Hills 90210 again. I was home sick from work this week and watched the marathon that was on SOAPnet (I think Monday) and every day thereafter.

Ha, my grandma got me into Days of our lives...I was so addicted that when I had to go back to school I'd call the soap opera hotline to find out what happened. That was a quite a few years and have to say that I'm as addicted as I used to be, but those things are so addicting. I don't like watching because you can get hooked so easily! Plus, watching those shows make me so frustrated...people don't actually act like that and do those kinds of things! Or at least I don't know anyone who would.

soaps are such a guilty pleasure of mine. i used to schedule classes around them. :shame: passions/guiding light (switch during the commercials) general hospital (my roommate got me hooked) days (since i was 12) then oprah

in highschool my step mom and i used to watch syndicated dynasty every night. that was way fun. i also loved reruns of 90210. if you think about it lots of the popular television shows right now (lost, 24, desperate housewives, prision break, etc) borrowed the soap format and it seems to be working for them.

daytime television is one of the major reasons why i don't have cable right now. i'd never get anything done...:rolleyes:

I don't watch daytime soaps, but I do watch SOME Asian soap operas. I ONLY watch the soaps that are set at a historical period though. Some of my favorite ones are: Huan Zhu GeGe (Princess Returned-Pearl) and Dae Jung Geum (Jung Geum the Great).

Huan Zhu Gege is a series based on a novel written by Qiong Yao about an adopted princess named Xiao Yan Zi (Little Swallow), also called Huan Zhu Ge Ge (Returned Pearl Princess), and Emperor Qian Long's long lost daughter, Zi Wei, also known as Ming Zhu Gege (Pearl Princess). The story is funny and touching and was very popular in Asia when it came out.

Dae Jang Geum is a series based on the true story of an actual historical figure in Korea called Jang Geum. The period-piece costume drama centers on its 16th Century heroine, Jang-geum. Her parents were killed due to politics and malicious intent of other people. Promising her mother that she would uncover the truth and proved her parents' innocence, she entered the king's royal court as a lowly kitchen maid. Unfortunately, Jang-geum and her mentor were later framed and sent into exile, she left to study medicine and triumphantly returns to the palace as the King's personal physician as well as proving her parents' innocence.

I am addicted to General Hospital. I've been watching it for the past 21 years. (I can thank my babysitter for making me watch GH with her when I was 8 years old.) I love the Robin & Patrick storyline!

I have been a fan of passions since the day it aired...so I have seen SOOO many Kay's leave the show but I hope this one stays...and if they get rid of the current and only Teresa I will leave too!!!! Well I said that with Ethan but I think this Ethan is better. Oh well. Loving Passions is something I don't have a problem admitting

I watch Days of Our Lives. I had watched it for 3-4 yrs. (back in the 90s) but stopped watching when Carrie left w/ Mike.

Then in 2006 when I seen a commercial saying "Carrie's back"...I was like..:wtf: So I started watching again...

Now, Carrie has left again and so has Austin...:crybaby: Days is letting alot of actors go, and making so many changes. UGH!:cursing:

Neway, I'm hooked again...:rolleyes:

I wanna know who killed Carmen Mester on Y& R ??? :s

My co-worker thinks it was Devon's mother, Yolanda, because she's been MIA since the Winters wanted to legally adopt Devon. Her theory is that Yolanda did it because she wanted Devon to stay in a happy home, and if Carmen was still around flirting with Neil, he might leave Drucilla for her, thus breaking up the family.

My co-worker thinks it was Devon's mother, Yolanda, because she's been MIA since the Winters wanted to legally adopt Devon. Her theory is that Yolanda did it because she wanted Devon to stay in a happy home, and if Carmen was still around flirting with Neil, he might leave Drucilla for her, thus breaking up the family.

:nuts: I never thought of her !!! thats a great theory, that might explain why Devon's DNA was found at the scene ......it was his Mothers !!! :nuts: :nuts:

Thanks ! :wlae: