So when you aren't carrying Balenciaga....

I love the herve chapelier totes too as well as the large longchamp totes. I have a toddler and infant so I tend to stick my "nice" bags in them along with their stuff.

BooYah said:
I love the herve chapelier totes too as well as the large longchamp totes. I have a toddler and infant so I tend to stick my "nice" bags in them along with their stuff.

I Second the Longchamp Totes. There's lots of colours to choose from and their quite durable :biggrin:

shoegal said:
I've looked at the Goyard bags - there is an orange one that is cute. But I also love the Marni totes.

I have a giant white Goyard tote that I use in summer because it is super-light and can get wet. I had Barneys put racing stripes on it, which makes it look much less boring.

I've stopped letting rain interfere with my handbag choices. Matter of fact, my ink first got rained on quite a bit the other day, and it rolled right off. It's got lots of Apple Garde' rain protectant on it.

Does it have to be a designer, luxury bag? or and everyday basic?

I'd say, this summer pool parties, Kids, Water spray, Stains (ketchup, mustard, wine..etc)..The one NO-WORRY free bag I suggest is the LARGE L.L.Bean Boat N' Tote bag with LONG HANDLES, prices between $20.00-$40.00. No worries about spill and any accidents.

YES..darling..You can put in your dear BBag in a large Zip-lock or plastic bag in it too.

I bought 2 large LLBean Boat N' Tote bag with long handles and it's FABULOUS!

I just got a straw Felix Rey for a summer tote. Not super huge but VERY cute (and isn't that the point?).

I second the LL Bean canvas tote. Rain or shine it looks great and the zip top is wonderful.

Attachments

• Felix Rey.jpg
    Felix Rey.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 29
my balenciagas stand on rains and shine (they're eggplant and red metallic btw). but they're darker colours that i know will be safe, considering that i'm not a gentle user no matter how expensive is the bag. once my eggplant shopper got rain down so heavy, i was worried like hell, but when i got home and put it doen to dry, they're back to the same old bag that i loved. not like my nappa suede bottega that's so hard to take care of. that's when i vow to never buy a suede or nappa leather based bag.
and i also used my new chloe edith a lot. it's so huge, i can bring anything i want and i don't have to worry causing any tassles broken (like the b-bag). but for when i go to beaches (which is a lot of times), i always bring my old vintage leather bags. too risky to bring designer bags...

I have an Isabelle Marant bag I use when I don't use my bbags, it's also made of distressed leather so very easy to use! I use my bfirsts to go out, my weekender for shopping and my city and hobo for walking LOL

Thanks everyone!!!!
I haven't decided exactly what I want but you've opened my eyes to Longchamp and I'm happy for that!!

There must be a lot of kidless people here. I wasn't worried about rain, I was worried about the dirty fingers, feet, scratches, blood from scraped knees etc etc...
children are animals you know. ;)

I have a 5 yr old daughter. She knows that she is not allowed to touch my handbags for any reason. My husband picked up my LV bag one time to hand it to me and my daughter screamed "Daddy! We do not touch Louis! Never, ever!" It was funny.

I have to agree that if I were going to a child's birthday party or any other event where there were a lot of children, chaos and food, I would choose another bag. I have a melon colored Guess jelly birkin that is very nice and I have used that for such occasions. I also have an LL Bean tote that we take boating and those are awesome as well.

But if we are just talking about rain....Bbags and LV are along for the ride!

winona77 said:
Thanks everyone!!!!
I haven't decided exactly what I want but you've opened my eyes to Longchamp and I'm happy for that!!

There must be a lot of kidless people here. I wasn't worried about rain, I was worried about the dirty fingers, feet, scratches, blood from scraped knees etc etc...
children are animals you know. ;)

What?!!:amazed: You dont want to get one of my Wal-mart $5.99 mesh totes?:lol:

Hee hee hee Kimmie! I actually meant to say in my last post that I also have a Wal-Mart tote, I took it to the zoo last month. I go to Wal-Mart every week, mostly for groceries but still....even though it is EVIL...I do love Wal-Mart!