So upset...

She noticed mind and then said " I will never be dumb enough to spend so much money in a purse" .

That's ridiculous! I really feel sorry for that kind of person. Just enjoy your beautiful things, be happy, and let her eat her heart out with the jealousy/bitterness she is trying to disguise as being 'smart'.

You know, I was raised by a mother with very low self-esteem, and she 'taught' me to put myself last, feel guilty if I ever got anything nice for myself, and never be proud of anything I had or did. It took me years of supporting myself and my son as a single mother to feel proud, strong, and like I deserved nice things too! So nowadays, I make a point of being just as nice and generous to myself as I would be to anybody else.

Usually when I get a comment like the one above, I'll reply, "Yeah...people who can't afford the real thing usually say that!" or "Yes, well, I deserve the best and so that's what I buy," or "Well, if you ever learn to tell good quality from bad, you'll change your tune!"

hah, my fiance blows all his money on video games, controllers, new systems, etc. you better believe that he's never once said a WORD to me about buying bags.

but i have a friend who buys fakes and is passively-aggressively judgmental about me because i don't. you know the drill - "oh that's a cute bag, but i must have cost a FORTUNE." i ignore it because it's not worth the fight, and i don't get in her grill because she buys fakes, either. we just have different views on things. if she wanted to buy coach, she could.